HTC technical help and customer service

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, i am thinking of moving from my iphone 5 to the HTC one, i am used to having technical help at the end of a free phone call and i'm wondering how HTC performs here, if one is in need of technical help just how good are they, do they have good customer service ect? thanks in advance.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Apple would be your best bet. You won't find that with Android as much. They do have it but I'd never use it.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
thank you, i read some reviews since i posted that HTC customer service is pretty dire, i'm interested in the Sony Xperia Z too and their live chat seems ok when i ask about products, customer service is important i think when buying any product.

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Apple has the best customer service I've experienced in 15 years of gadget whoring. HTC isn't horrible, but it can be a chore to get the right person on the phone. Apple has physical stores in most parts of the US which is great if you live here. The AppleCare plan is one I always get too, no hassle at all.

But Android has a booming community of people willing to help you out. You have us here on this forum and the XDA Developers group for those really tricky questions. In most cases, if you worry about your phone, you phone provider may have a good plan for a small monthly fee to replace or service your phone.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes you are right about Apple, they just can't be faulted when it comes to customer service.......customisation is calling to me though, to be honest iphone has become boring, maybe iOS 7 will liven things up but we will never get the freedom that Android gives, you make some good points dotB, android does have a huge community of friendly people as i am finding out now.

David_LFC

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Problem is when it needs to be returned here in England.

Mine has been back 3 times and having to wait for shipping etc is chore so much easier to go to store and talk to someone face to face and get hardware fault fixed.

Remote support no issues and always go resources like here and xda etc.

David_LFC

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
1st time - They reflashed - and it fixed my charging issue but then got a dock / USB issue
2nd time - could not find fault and just returned - I replicated within minute of powering up - same issues
3rd time - just got back today and restoring my apps etc. support advised they have fixed a board and speaker . Not had time to test as kids to in bed yet.

All linked to same issue.

I don't have an issue with the fault these things occur, it's the time taken to resolve each time I send back its taken 5-8 cal days.

If this was apple I would have taken to store and they would have swapped for a warranty replacement.

Think htc Europe policy is on 4th time it is a replacement. Either way if not resolved I will be going to my retailer who sold the phone as in uk it is their responsibility legally to resolve under the sales of goods act... C

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes that was going to be my next suggestion, i would have gone to the retailer first in fact, i hope the problem is resolved for you now.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I have found that the customer service, offered by Android Central Forums, is 2nd to none, to include Apple! These folks here are the best, hands down... best of all, they're basically 24 & 7!!! :-D

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Just so i know can anyone tell me where the moisture sensors are in HTC one please, can't find it in google.

Those little squares on each side on the left and right near the bottom. Another top right of the camera. And one more on the underside of the motherboard. There are 7 of them I counted. Check from 5:00 minutes on and you'll see them. They are white with blue and green markings.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Those little squares on each side on the left and right near the bottom. Another top right of the camera. And one more on the underside of the motherboard. There are 7 of them I counted. Check from 5:00 minutes on and you'll see them. They are white with blue and green markings.
Ah right thank you, i'll look again, i had wondered if they were headphone jack and the charging port and easily triggered, you can tell i come from iphone lol.