Verizon HTC One experiencing major problems

Cayderayd

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Got my Verizon HTC One about a month ago. It's in pristine condition, one small 2-foot drop ever. After I dropped it, it would make a quiet call tone that wasn't my ringtone about once a day for a week. Now it's having some big issues. It randomly enters sleep mode, and won't charge when it's on. The message that comes up says USB mode enabled, and the phone is incapable of charging with this mode on, but there is no setting that will allow me to change USB mode. The dock disappeared once, and car mode will spontaneously pop up but quit when I touch the screen. Anyone else have these problems? Or am i just stupid because there's a setting to fix it?

LedZappa

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Can a Mod please change the title of this thread. I mean seriously, it sounds like Verizon HTC's are having problems. The Verizon version almost certainly has nothing to do with this person issues.

Or/And, could the OP please post why they think this has anything to do with Verizon.

LedZappa

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Could be related to Verizon bloat, never know with software.

GS4/iPhone5

Do you have any evidence of this? Any other reports of a similar issue on any carrier?

Look, I'm on ATT, but this is a totally unjustified rip on Verizon until proven otherwise.

It's just another person with a ****ed up phone, as with every carrier and every phone.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any evidence of this? Any other reports of a similar issue on any carrier?

Look, I'm on ATT, but this is a totally unjustified rip on Verizon until proven otherwise.

It's just another person with a ****ed up phone, as with every carrier and every phone.

Dude, its just a thread! :) The reason he posted it as a Verizon, is because, it is a Verizon Model, and sometimes THATS important to know, during troubleshooting.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Got my Verizon HTC One about a month ago. It's in pristine condition, one small 2-foot drop ever. After I dropped it, it would make a quiet call tone that wasn't my ringtone about once a day for a week. Now it's having some big issues. It randomly enters sleep mode, and won't charge when it's on. The message that comes up says USB mode enabled, and the phone is incapable of charging with this mode on, but there is no setting that will allow me to change USB mode. The dock disappeared once, and car mode will spontaneously pop up but quit when I touch the screen. Anyone else have these problems? Or am i just stupid because there's a setting to fix it?

Like the other poster said; try a factory reset and see if that helps.

David_LFC

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

See these posts , whilst not exactly the same issue very similar.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...one-wont-charge-thread-plus-other-issues.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/290813-htc-one-not-charging-usb-not-recognizing.html

In summary mine wasn't triggered by a drop just randolmly. I had to return to htc now after 3rd time they returned to me it appears to have been resolved ( well for 48hours at least)

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Could*

GS4/iPhone5

Cayderayd

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys.

The reset fixed everything but the charging issues. Now it doesn't charge at all so I'm getting a replacement tomorrow.

Thanks again. Everyone but that George Straight meets Lady Gaga profile pic was very helpful.