HTC One crashed while watching a video.

SCNFan

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Recently bought an HTC One and I have to say it is a great phone. However I experienced something rather odd today. I was watching a video on my phone today when all of a sudden it just stopped and said something like, "Sorry this video cannot be played". Then the screen turned black and looked like it had shut down. So I pressed the power button and the screen wasn't coming back on. The capacitive buttons on the other hand kept on blinking. After a few minutes I tried again and the the phone restarted but took quite a while. As of now, it's operating normally. Can anyone explain why this happened? And could it have damaged my phone? (It was an mkv file with hard codded subtitles, which couldn't be shown, and I was watching it with the built in video player of the HTC One). Thanks and sorry for the long post.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
At the end of the day, these are just computers, and sometimes there is no easy answer for issues like you mentioned. Though Ive not had that happen, it doesn't mean that theres something wrong with your phone. Have you tried watching other videos since then?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
At the end of the day, these are just computers, and sometimes there is no easy answer for issues like you mentioned. Though Ive not had that happen, it doesn't mean that theres something wrong with your phone. Have you tried watching other videos since then?

This. Sometimes random stuff like this can happen... If it does it over and over that's when it's a problem.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX