HTC One Live Wallpaper

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have seen many Androids with continuous horizontal scrolling live wallpapers but I am unsure if this type of thing is even possible (even if the download states it will continuously scroll) because of the blinkfeed. Does anyone know how blinkfeed effects live wallpapers?

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
If you are using Blink feed then all you see is Blink feed. You don't see a wallpaper, regardless of it being live, a stationary one, etc. It covers the wallpaper.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If you are using Blink feed then all you see is Blink feed. You don't see a wallpaper, regardless of it being live, a stationary one, etc. It covers the wallpaper.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Not entirely correct. If you have additional home pages added (you can have up to four), live wallpapers will display there. I'm currently using Galactic Core:

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379354211351.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379354211351.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 41

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You are correct that it won't affect the Blinkfeed screen, though.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If you want the scrolling wallpaper feature, you will want to use another launcher, that will take away Blinkfeed. In a launcher like Nova you will want to enable and force the feature, set a Nova wallpaper that will scroll. To continue to use Blinkfeed, you make a custom shortcut to HTC Sense and pick the Blinkfeed page. Then hit the Home button to get back to the Nova launcher when you are done. Seems like a lot, but it's pretty simple to do. There are some YouTube videos and tutorials scattered around.

YTR Tip: How to Use HTC BlinkFeed with Nova Launcher on the HTC One - YouTube

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
The only example i can think of is the toy story live wallpaper that takes alot of scrolling from side to side to get to the ends and the HTC is restricted with the amout of pages

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463