This phone has THE worst camera EVER.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
My S4 takes okay shots but all those folks saying its amazing have really low standards, IMO. The photos aren't so bad they're embarrassing but they're nothing to write home about, at least not the low-light ones. I say that to say you can only expect so much from these phones. The Lumina 1020 may be an
exception.

Sony XTZ
I've used the S4's camera, and no, it really is amazing. Just like the One's, the Xperia Z/ZL, etc.

kylie brown

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
That's not true about HTC One. It owns a very good camera. I love the one I have with mine. You may just consult with the store members and ask for a refurbished one.

jrasero23

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say it is the worse BUT the 4MP Ultrapixel camera has its limitations since when you zoom in or compare it to the iPhone, S4, or 1020 it lacks detail

For me 4MP isn't a huge problem since most of my pictures went straight to Facebook or Instagram BUT of you plan or printing off photos or looking for a lot of detail the HTC One isn't for you

My bigger problem with the camera is the blue/purple tinge on low light photos or even some well lit situations the camera tends to add blue
Also, in even really well lit situations I was getting shadows or dark spots on photos. I was in the Bahamas and it was sunny and clear the whole time but a lot of photos came out dark and at times you could see the faces. I think this is an example of how the One does well with lower lit situations but in completely lit situations in struggles compared to the iPhone or S4.

The shutter speed is incredibly fast and can capture movement well.

I think the S4 and One have the most features, so if filters and such are your deal these phones will fit you

Overall, It's a very good camera but the iPhone, S4, and defiantly the 1020 are all better.

This leaves me with a point, if you had to create a super phone who would it be and why?

Bethany Meyer

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I find the camera to be just awful as well, and I've tried out several different ROMs and camera apps without much luck. I almost regret buying this phone because I have to carry around a separate digital camera if I want a decent picture.

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Something wrong with your phone's camera, but not because of design. I know really great phone cameras and really crappy ones. BUT what you see in your photos, is a defect for sure. Even on the bad cams, you shouldn't be seeing those dark clouds around the objects.

Posted via Android Central App

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
No complaints with mine... Best mobile phone camera I have ever used. Those pics looks awful, deffo faulty. It seems the HTC one does have a fairly high percentage of faulty camera sensors, which is a shame because it's brilliant when it's working properly.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm...

I suppose my one question is: what makes the OP believe that this is normal? Obviously the phone is defective, and much more obviously, there would have been a large outcry if every (or even a large percentage of) HTC One had these issues.

The phone is defective. I'm sure that most owners of HTC One devices don't have the issues you are having. I am not apologizing for HTC, but to say you will never buy again (which we all know 99% of the time is not followed) because of one defective device you have had out of many they make is just silly.

My one cent.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
So, bottom line is...clean the lens?

Unfortunately, your bottom line is dead wrong! I had to send my One back to HTC to repair a camera with the purple tint issues as well as poor camera performance just like the OP. Needless to say i was perturbed at having to be without my cell phone for a week or more, but i was able to force a conversation with a savvy tech person to get an understanding as to why these cameras are burning out. As it turns out, i was told that the cameras either need the camera module or the camera circuit replaced on the mother board of the phone. The interesting thing is the tech person tried to avoid the reason the cameras need this fix , but i would not let him off the hook. It seems that the Zoe feature on our phones is the culprit. The reason why? well when the feature is engaged it is constantly running and waiting for a shot to happen. The lense stays open in order to get the photo. We all know that Zoes are short video clips where we get 3 seconds of video, however, the tech informed me that the lense is actually opne a full 5 seconds to get the correct capture. Here's the real deal though, when your Zoe button is engaged ZOE is running. It's not only burning up your battery but it's also burmimg up the camera module itself and the one within the mother board!!!!! Hence, what HTC calls a thermal defect! WOW and WTF! Right? It seems that HTC has recognized the problem and when you send your phone in for repair, they are replacing these modules with parts that can handle the higher resistance that Zos can demand. But, the tech did say he would make sure to always disengage the feature even if it's for only a minute.

Rousseau1956

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
From day one I cannot take inhouse pictures trying all different settings. Also no when it becomes dark. All pictures are purply and extremely dark

Rousseau1956

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
From day one I cannot take inhouse pictures trying all different settings. Also no pictures when it becomes dark. All pictures are purply and extremely dark

Last edited:

Rousseau1956

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
This sound like a more reasonable answer to me. Thank you. My problem is that I am in West Africa and do not know where I can have this type of assistance

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance