HTC One pictures too warm

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the pictures on HTC One are too warm and not actually that great quality?

I am comparing this to a Nokia Lumia 925 picture:

HTC One

2013-09-17 19.26.10.jpg

Nokia Lumia 925:

WP_20130917_002.jpg

Doesn't the lumia 925 look so much better, or is it just me? and is there something i could do to improve the HTC One camera?

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Looks like a white balance difference to me. Since I don't know what color everything should be, it's difficult for me to tell which is a truer reproduction. Also, if you really want to compare, take two well lit pictures with the same lighting source and without an active monitor in the picture.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
bottom one sharper.

top one more interesting.

have you messed with your settings? are you in scene mode>normal? white balance>auto?

my photos are fine for a tiny camera built-in to my phone...but i have low expectations. i posted this in the htc one pictures thread after a shoot last week...

i could ask for nothing more from my phone.

PS don't judge the instax on top. that's one of the outtakes.

Attachments

• IMAG1321.jpg
    IMAG1321.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 27

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
bottom one sharper.

have you messed with your settings? are you in scene mode>normal? white balance>auto?

my photos are fine for a tiny camera built-in to my phone...but i have low expectations. i posted this in the htc one pictures thread after a shoot last week...

This is a gorgeous shot! Mind sharing the settings you used when taking it?

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
didn't mess with any settings, just received phone back from repair for another issue I was having. Everything has been set to factory so shouldn't be an issue.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
didn't mess with any settings, just received phone back from repair for another issue I was having. Everything has been set to factory so shouldn't be an issue.

i would double check the settings. and i know this sounds obvious, but you should wipe the lens with a lens tissue. i do almost daily. the lens is on the back, so it's constantly exposed to whatever we set our phone on and our dirty hands.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
bottom one sharper.

A film camera on top of a book which is on top of a laptop next to film which is next to polaroids (I've got more pics of that girl I'll sell you :)) taken with a digital camera. Sweet :)

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Your ONE only took those grossly enamored pics because you own a Dell.

this is such a silly thing to say, how is this going to fix the issue that the HTC One as it stands has a crap camera. perhaps a software update can fix the issue, who knows.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01