Something Stuck in the Headphone Jack

wibitywab

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Recently I've had a problem where my headphones will only go about 3/4s of the way into the jack and will not go any farther. I know it isn't my headphones because I have tried several, and It must be something pretty solid too because it doesn't seem like it wants to come out. I've even tried to shine a light into it but no matter what it's always like a black abyss, because I can't see very far inside of it. Anyways, I was wondering if you guys could provide me any helpful suggestions. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The most common implement mentioned here to root around safely in your jack is a damp toothpick, so give that a go.

wibitywab

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey thanks alot, it seemed to have work. It still doesn't click when it goes in but its tight in there and I can hear music from my headphones!

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me once when I got a nerd stuck in there. I used a lot of isopropol alcohol very sparingly on a Qtip with it's cotton pulled off. Eventually the alcohol cleared out the sugar from the nerds

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought Nerds were supposed to be helpful when it comes to tech ...:D
I guess in this case, these Nerds hate everything.....Lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Recently I've had a problem where my headphones will only go about 3/4s of the way into the jack and will not go any farther. I know it isn't my headphones because I have tried several, and It must be something pretty solid too because it doesn't seem like it wants to come out. I've even tried to shine a light into it but no matter what it's always like a black abyss, because I can't see very far inside of it. Anyways, I was wondering if you guys could provide me any helpful suggestions. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!
Pay it forward and help someone else out!!!

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If it's something like pocket lint I would recommend using a 1/8 drill bit and carefully spinning it. The lint will actually get caught onto the bit and you can pull it right out. Just be careful not to damage anything while you're in there. I can speak from personal experience as I did this just last week and it worked like a charm.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it's something like pocket lint I would recommend using a 1/8 drill bit and carefully spinning it. The lint will actually get caught onto the bit and you can pull it right out. Just be careful not to damage anything while you're in there. I can speak from personal experience as I did this just last week and it worked like a charm.

Posted via Android Central App

But make sure the drill bit is not, REPEAT NOT, still connected to the power drill. :p

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
can u give me any advice on how to fix mine ? I tried the damp toothpick , and that didn't work

Welcome to Android Central! Can you confirm that something's stuck in there? If it's completely clear and the jack still isn't working right, then it's probably a problem with the jack itself, which means you probably have to bring it to a repair shop.

Brokenphone69

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
Same thing happened to me right now. I am very sure there is a solid round ball like those cautious ones in those tiny white bags from clothes or something. I didn't know until I looked inside and see it and it had to be the perfect size to fit! 😒 And I can't seem to do anything. I tried to blow it out and it didn't really work well. Please, I need answers. I wanna hear music again!

JanIsLogicalAF

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
I put my ZTE in my school bag Without my earbuds in the phone, then I went to Starbucks, and I went to be an edgy bean and listen to Paramore, putting my earbuds in, then they wouldn't even go into the phone, I have managed to get some gunk out, finding out that it was from my Corn Nuts, WHAT THE HECK DO I DO?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21