- 90 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Lost/Stolen HTC One Sim card question...
My friend has a One on Sprint, he lost his phone or it was stolen, he's not sure. He has a few security features activated on the phone but it appears to be off or dead. If somebody pulls the existing sim card and replaces it with another prior to turning on the phone will those security features still work??
- 09-20-2013, 09:22 PM #2
- 09-20-2013, 10:12 PM #4
Re: Lost/Stolen HTC One Sim card question...
If the phone is wiped, then nothing will remain from the previous user, no locks or any other features. If the thief starts the phone with the new sim, without wiping first, then if your friend had something like GOTYA, that can be set up to notify you of a sim change, then that would work. But wiping the phone, will WIPE EVERYTHING, including all security features. Unless someone else knows something here, that I don't know about. PS: In my opinion, they'll wipe the phone prior to putting the new sim in.
- 09-20-2013, 10:32 PM #5
- 09-21-2013, 01:38 AM #6
- 09-21-2013, 01:40 AM #7
- 09-21-2013, 02:55 AM #8
- 09-21-2013, 10:01 AM #9
- By DalTXJim in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 8Last Post: 09-21-2013, 05:35 PM
- By ttrimmer in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 09-21-2013, 04:04 PM
- By ManiacalMF in forum VerizonReplies: 2Last Post: 09-20-2013, 11:50 PM
- By reble1 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 09-20-2013, 08:15 PM
- By AndroidinChitown in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 0Last Post: 09-20-2013, 04:29 PM