Group Message Problem

jaydow11

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have my HTC One contacts synced with my Gmail account.

I created a group message to three of my contacts. One contact is on a iPhone and the other two are not.

I sent the message no problem. My contact who's on an iPhone messaged me back. It did not show up in the group message thread, but under his sole name.

When I replied to his message under just his name/thread, my phone automatically entered my wife's cell phone and my contacts wife's cell phone (both iphones) and all three received the message.

I then tried to manually delete the two wives and send another message. As soon as I hit "send" the two wives contacts magically re-appeared again, but the message did not send. When I would try to open up the thread/message it would give me an error message, and ask if I wanted to send an error report to HTC and kick me out of "messages".

So in a nut shell, this is the series of events:

Sent group message to:
Drew, Dave, Garth

Garth replys

Reply to Garth, my phone automatically enters:
Garth, Jord, Bri

And I can't delete Jord and Bri and eventually get an error message and have to delete the message/thread.

Does this issue have something to do with my contacts maybe being merged?

I can send a direct message to Garth no problem, there only seems to be an issue when receiving and replying to a Group Message...

Help!

Thanks,

Jay

Jay Nguyen

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Fixed it myself
Unfortunately you need to delete the entire thread containing the grouped message - then when you send individual messages again, it should only send to that recipient.