Is there a way to auto close an application if it's opened from the notification bar?

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Sometimes when I get a new mail or message, etc, is there a way to close the application being opened after you are done with it, i.e. by pressing back and going back to where you were? For example when I get a new email, I want to look at it but I don't want the email app running in the background, just makes switching between apps a little slower due to me scanning more apps in the 3x3 grid if that makes sense.

Is there a way to achieve what I want?

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
You could get a task manager app that has the auto-kill functionality. However, many of these take up vast amounts of RAM. If your phone comes with the manufacturer's task manager, you could open it right after you read your E-Mails and hit clear RAM/Memory. Also, try to set your mail app to not sync in the background. This function is what makes the mail app make your phone slow.

KryspyDoughnut

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys, but I don't think these do what I want. I basically want the app to not stick, since I am only checking it because of a notification, so mostly it will be some useless email, etc where I will delete it immediately.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11