Should i buy the HTC One

SherbetDibDab

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Just want to know a few user experiences about this phone from guys and gals on this forum that know what there talking about ;) so generally how is? Hows the battery life? Is this a phone which is still going to wow me in a years time?

Been looking at the s4 and xperia Z aswell currently on an iphone 4s but its a much use as a chocolate fire guard

Thanks

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The HTC One is great phone and has been the recommended go-to device by Android Central 2x in the last shoot-out. It's a safe bet. Now, some reports are that it doesn't have the very very best camera so if that's really important do some research. If you like a beautiful display with quick, fast, and in-a-hurry performance it'll make you happy, me think. My .000002 cents.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Just want to know a few user experiences about this phone from guys and gals on this forum that know what there talking about ;) so generally how is? Hows the battery life? Is this a phone which is still going to wow me in a years time?

Been looking at the s4 and xperia Z aswell currently on an iphone 4s but its a much use as a chocolate fire guard

Thanks

You can't go wrong. With the right setup, your phone can last you 18-24 hours. Of coarse, your mileage may vary depending on how you use your phone. Like Haalcyon said, the camera isn't the best but it has some of the best features such as Zoe's. I'm not a camera guy so it doesn't matter to me. It's great though for quick shots to save memories and the like. Phone is fast and fluid with an awesome screen and great overall experience.

The S4 is a great phone as well. The only thing with my personal experience is that you have to turn off most of it's features to get half way decent battery life. Even after the updates, the phone still suffers from micro stutter. Some say "what stutter?" but every S4 I've used has it. Camera on S4 is great. Phone calls are superb and Bluetooth tends to better than the One.

There's so much to cover here. The best thing for you to do is visit a store and play with them. Walk away for a day or so then do it again. This way you're not making an impulse buy.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Best phone I have ever owned, but not perfect - battery pretty awful, as per usual with any smartphone. Doesn't help that even 3 months after getting it I am still playing with it all the time. I like the S4 but the gimmicky stuff on it put me off, and the unreadable screen outdoors (I have an S3 too) the Z is nice, but hate the sony proprietary cack.

Wish the blue one was out when I ordered mine though, love the look of it! Overall, it's a brilliant phone.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I came from the iPhone since their first release; and THIS phone is simply the best experience with a cell, that I've ever had. I'm not going to lie and say the battery life is super, its not, but, its in part because I can't put the darn thing down; I'm constantly on it flashing different ROMS. This phone puts the i5 to shame, and if you compare it to the next big boss, the Samsung S4, it holds its ground in nearly every category in a side by side comparison. Its also MUCH BETTER looking than either the i5 or the S4, in my opinion.

So, I would recommend this phone to anyone!

C

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Have a think about what features are most important to you-they are all great phones. Do you want a high mega pixel count on you camera or do you want low light performance and ZOEs (I find ZOEs really useful)? Is an FM radio important to you? I wanted one as I live in the UK and radio 4 is great if a big news story breaks. Will you make use of the speakers? I find them even more useful than I thought I would and use them to listen to podcasts and music around the flat very spontaneously. Lastly, are you comfortable with the power button placement. I did find it slightly awkward as it is very flush but I now work around it with a "screen-off" app and another app which wakes the phone using the proximity sensor (works great and battery drain is minimal). However this isn't necessary and most people are happy with the power button.

I own this phone and love it. Battery life is excellent in my experience (if you ask it do lots, it obviously drains more quickly). Screen is amazing and I actually really like Sense 5.

SherbetDibDab

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys all really usefull comments keep them coming, so how is the sense 5 then? Im already a bit familiar with android as i have an original nexus 7 running a pure jelly bean experience i love the look and feel of it which is why i want a move to android so badly if for some reason sense 5 and i dont agree how easy is it to install android 4.3 without sense? If its possible could someone explain what roms etc mean

Thanks

knightblaze

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I came from an sgs3 and got the One as a replacement.

The phone is a joy to use, and actually love the Sense5 interface more so than Touchwiz. Build, usability, battery life see very good in my book, especially the battery and construction. It just feels like a premium phone, HTC has always delivered on aesthetics for me.

I normally root all my android devices of the bat and run custom roms but I haven't done it yet with this phone as it just works. I might root just to remove the bloat but in ok with the items being disabled for the time being

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
The phone itself is awesome. It's really cool walking around with a phone with an amazing appearance.
I find sense 5 to be a 7/10.
Not too sure about battery life considering i've had strange battery life patters, but I can say
unless you go phsyco with the phone it should last you the day

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I got this phone yesterday coming from a nexus 4 and initially I thought I had wasted ?500. After some tinkering and perseverance I got the phone working how I want it. Sense UI takes a bit of getting use too but is okay after a while. I'm happy with my purchase.

Venez68

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine on saturday the blue one from Best Buy, the $50 deal was to good too pass up.
Coming from Droid Razr Maxx and so far so good, i love the look and feel of this phone.
Battery so far not as good as the Maxx but then again what is?
Phone is super responsive, and app download times are lighting fast.
The only thing i don't care for is the power button placement, if accessing it with one hand i keep hitting the volume button.
And the UI is a little blah, but nothing a launcher from the play store won't fix; minor issues but ones i can definately live with.
Still playing around with and learning the phone but overall i'm satisfied with my purchase.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys all really usefull comments keep them coming, so how is the sense 5 then? Im already a bit familiar with android as i have an original nexus 7 running a pure jelly bean experience i love the look and feel of it which is why i want a move to android so badly if for some reason sense 5 and i dont agree how easy is it to install android 4.3 without sense?
If the only problem you have with Sense is the UI, then a lot of that can be changed without changing ROMs (i.e. changing OS's) or even rooting. Third party launchers like Nova and Apex give you a lot of freedom to change how your home screens and app drawer look and work and apps like WidgetLocker allow you to customize the lock screen quite a bit. Check out Beautiful Android Themes, Wallpapers, and Homescreens to see just how customizeable the UI of pretty much any Android phone really is.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Read this. http://www.anandtech.com/show/6747/htc-one-review

Got my HTC One on launch and loved it everyday since.

Screen - grade A, maybe only G2 close to it.

Battery - matches iPhone 5. Charges slow by design to prolong life of the battery.

Speed - no hiccups, no stutters, no lag. I'm not exaggerating. Sense 5 is good, although there are roms and launchers if you want a change.

Camera - best I've had. Highlights and Zoes are pretty cool features. iPhone 5 and SGS4 have nice cameras too. Arguably better in some situations. This camera is best low light, however.

Sound - best in class speakerphone - I'll say this everytime I can. I use this phone for conference calls, no one has ever asked about it. Front facing speakers are loud and proud.

Good luck on your decision, and welcome!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

knightblaze

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Read this. http://www.anandtech.com/show/6747/htc-one-review

Got my HTC One on launch and loved it everyday since.

Screen - grade A, maybe only G2 close to it.

Battery - matches iPhone 5. Charges slow by design to prolong life of the battery.

Speed - no hiccups, no stutters, no lag. I'm not exaggerating. Sense 5 is good, although there are roms and launchers if you want a change.

Camera - best I've had. Highlights and Zoes are pretty cool features. iPhone 5 and SGS4 have nice cameras too. Arguably better in some situations. This camera is best low light, however.

Sound - best in class speakerphone - I'll say this everytime I can. I use this phone for conference calls, no one has ever asked about it. Front facing speakers are loud and proud.

Good luck on your decision, and welcome!

Posted via Android Central App

I agree with everything you said and add that the camera is stellar, especially in low light and super dark situations.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I bought the HTC One about a week ago and I love it. Its crazy fast and has great battery life (imho).

Yeah I've been impressed with battery life. Gets me through a full day without a charge normally with about 40% left over. That's texting, calls, emails, FB, G+, location services on and 5-6 YouTube videos a day. Well impressed.

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
How much screen time are you guys getting?I only ask because this iPhone has left a sour taste in my mouth regarding non removable batteries.

GS4/iPhone5

arukaen

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
How much screen time are you guys getting?I only ask because this iPhone has left a sour taste in my mouth regarding non removable batteries.

GS4/iPhone5

I get like 12 hours on my phone. Thats with texting, constant work emails as well as 2 other personal accounts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE