Wavy lines on screen in both video mode and when taking photos

theymademedoit

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
I just got this handset on Friday on a new contract and today I have noticed that when I point it at a lighter area such as the wall on a light wood desk, I get strange wavy lines rolling across the screen.
Is this something others had noticed?
Should I try and return it?
Al

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone?
Strange but it only seems to happen when I am near my workstation (PC)...when walk out of the office or even to another workstation its fine??

Possible some kind of interference by your station.? Try shutting everything off in your area and see if it happens again. Just a thought..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Paul Bridgeman

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Could it be to do with the lighting around your workstation, or reflections, do you wear spectacles?
Try changing the lighting to a different positions perhaps.
Subtle changes in reflections/lighting can have strange effects.

Posted via Android Central App

vickyso4

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
I just got this handset on Friday on a new contract and today I have noticed that when I point it at a lighter area such as the wall on a light wood desk, I get strange wavy lines rolling across the screen.
Is this something others had noticed?
Should I try and return it?
Al

I had 4 or 5 phones (lost count) before I received a phone that stopped doing this. My videos had what looked like heat waves. It was worse when I would take video outside in the daylight.

theymademedoit

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I had 4 or 5 phones (lost count) before I received a phone that stopped doing this. My videos had what looked like heat waves. It was worse when I would take video outside in the daylight.
Hey,
Did it do this right off the bat?
Mine only does this when near my work pc.
It didnt to begin with tho.