HTC One - Which carrier will get the 4.3 update first?

badams1

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Which carrier will get the 4.3 update first?

honestly, most electronics you buy do require you working with them if you want the best performance out of them. i sure as heck didn't leave my laptop stock from the way i bought it nor did i use my tv with the standard store settings right out of the box. my biggest gripe with the phone update is the fact that for whatever reason companies like samsung and htc and the like have to wait for the carriers to push their updates out when someone like apple can bypass that and just push the update themselves...anyone know why that is?

Money, balls, and fear.

lopey986

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Money, balls, and fear.

lol, my guess as well. just figured apple had so much clout that the carriers just do what they say. if htc or samsung told the carriers they couldn't have their phone if they weren't allowed to push updates immediately theyd prolly all just laugh and so okay we'll just push everyone to an iphone.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

honestly, most electronics you buy do require you working with them if you want the best performance out of them. i sure as heck didn't leave my laptop stock from the way i bought it nor did i use my tv with the standard store settings right out of the box. my biggest gripe with the phone update is the fact that for whatever reason companies like samsung and htc and the like have to wait for the carriers to push their updates out when someone like apple can bypass that and just push the update themselves...anyone know why that is?

Really? I didn't have to flash the firmware on my TV

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

I know he's going to get bashed in the forums for this but I think it's great we're getting some official feedback. It's better than not knowing at all.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Well said. I'm not into the whole update quest thing, but it's good to see him being proactive in both giving prompt situational awareness and answering people's questions directly. If he (or HTC) doesn't get flamed, I'd be surprised. There's people trolling him already for his response, in that link.

Posted via Android Central App

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Tmobile and ATT by mid October.
Verizon by end of October.