Is there any way to automatically enable/disable "Access to my location" when using Google Maps?

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to automatically enable/disable "Access to my location" when using Google Maps?

I keep location access disabled to save battery. This is located under Settings/Location, and then there is "Access to my location", and the Location sources are "GPS Satellites" and "Google Wi-Fi & mobile network location." What I'd like to do is to have the "GPS Satellites" and "Google Wi-Fi and mobile network location" settings automatically enabled when I open Maps and then automatically disabled when I exit Maps. I tried a free app called Automateit, but it didn't work. I know of a paid app called Tasker. Will this do what I want? Any other suggestions?

clemson77on

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is there any way to automatically enable/disable "Access to my location" when using Google Maps?

I just got a One and I set Tasker to disable location access and enable it depending on my criteria. Tasker will do the job. Unfortunately, the phone will pop up a warning every time it toggles location access. It got to be annoying so I stopped using it. Location access just stays on now. I wish there was a way to disable the warning messages.

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is there any way to automatically enable/disable "Access to my location" when using Google Maps?

Well, I found out that it was Location Access being enabled which was causing the biggest drain on my battery. Keeping it disabled has greatly improved it.