Skype and Android 4.3

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having problems with Skype after updating to Android 4.3?

The permanent notification stays as "disconnected". I've tried to uninstall and reinstall but it's the same. I can open it, send messages and receive them as long as I have the app on the foreground. If I close it, it stays disconnected.

I did a factory reset after the 4.3 OTA and installed all my apps from scratch.

Maybe an Skype update will solve this but I'm wondering if someone else is having this issue.

AndroidKingdom

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
What device do you have?

Is anyone having problems with Skype after updating to Android 4.3?

The permanent notification stays as "disconnected". I've tried to uninstall and reinstall but it's the same. I can open it, send messages and receive them as long as I have the app on the foreground. If I close it, it stays disconnected.

I did a factory reset after the 4.3 OTA and installed all my apps from scratch.

Maybe an Skype update will solve this but I'm wondering if someone else is having this issue.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
HTC One. I thought of posting my thread on the apps section but since the problem appeared after updating the One to Android 4.3 it seemed relevant to do it on the One subforum.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
is this common practice amongst android users?

I can't speak for others. I did it because I had the European 4.2.2 ROM and I wanted to make a clean backup once 4.3 arrived in case I go GPE or other ROMs in the future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae