Time zone changed after 4.3 update

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, for some strange reason my city's (Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic) time zone got changed from - 4 GMT to - 3 GMT... It's not a tower cell issue, it just started to show up that way in the clock settings after the upgrade.

So now, even if I set the clock manually the clock and weather widgets will show the time one hour ahead.

Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but the widgets still use the time zone for the city, not the one that I manually set.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to hold my breath on this one. If it was New York or London maybe the would fix it.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem in 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 as well. After the 4.3 OTA it happens too.

If I leave it as auto, the clock will shift back two hours, the same happening on all 3 Android versions. I have set my time zone manually (Mexico), leaving the clock to auto. It works well, but the World Clock will still list the current time two hours behind. Luckily, it doesn't affect anything and widgets, the clock on the notification bar, etc. all will display the correct time.

Try setting your time zone manually and leave the clock on auto. I guess HTC still hasn't figured out what's causing this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez