Can this be fixed?

JustABro

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
K so I was playing around with the HTC One the other day and this phone is almost perfect and was wonder if a few things can be changed on it?

1) with 4.3 set to come out can I change the home button to the htc logo and the menu button to where the home button is now? Not a fan of the home button there, if it was where the back button is it wouldn't be much of an issue since I use it in my right hand.

2) coming from an iphone I'm used to and like having the button to wake the phone right by where you unlock it, with the HTC One you have to hit he power button at the top of the phone(its a big phone!), is there a way around this? Like with LG they have the knock on the screen twice or the Moto X when you pull it out of your pocket it turns on which is really cool, is there anything that can be down about that?

3) I believe I since somewhere that with NFC you can set it so you home screen will be unlocked if its a around you? And you can do this with your wifi so in my house when its on my wifi it would disable my password on the lock screen? Is this that right?

I love the built on the HTC One and I do like it simple skin, I do think blinkfeed is neat and love the sense tv if I can just get away around those first two issues this phone would be perfect, so any help here?

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
1. No because there is no button where the htc logo is.

2. No. This is one of the most criticised design decisions of the htc one. you'll have to get used to hitting the power button.

3. there might be third party tweaks that allow this. i had one in my jailbroken iphone before, so not sure why there wouldn't be such an option for android.

Last edited:

JustABro

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there is some kinda sensor under the HTC logo and 4.2+ software update gives the option to use the htc logo as the menu button?

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there is some kinda sensor under the HTC logo and 4.2+ software update gives the option to use the htc logo as the menu button?

never heard of this. if they put a sensor in there they would have taken advantage of this from the start.

i am running 4.3 and havent come across this either.

the option you might be referring to is to use the home button as the menu button, as well as for multi-tasking. you can swipe up from the bottom of the screen for google cards and it gets rid of the on-screen menu bar.

other than that...

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
2) coming from an iphone I'm used to and like having the button to wake the phone right by where you unlock it, with the HTC One you have to hit he power button at the top of the phone(its a big phone!), is there a way around this? Like with LG they have the knock on the screen twice or the Moto X when you pull it out of your pocket it turns on which is really cool, is there anything that can be down about that??

Yes. There are several apps that allow you to wake your phone without using a power button. Here's one example but there are several https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.omd.autoscreenon&hl=en&token=zZU4AvKu

Also here's a bit about using the logo as a button. Not sure if it'll be an option in future updates...
Use the logo on the HTC One as an extra button with a custom kernel | Android Central

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes. There are several apps that allow you to wake your phone without using a power button. Here's one example but there are several https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.omd.autoscreenon&hl=en&token=DRyhLn1S

Also here's a bit about using the logo as a button. Not sure if it'll be an option in future updates...
Use the logo on the HTC One as an extra button with a custom kernel | Android Central

do you use this auto-screen on app?

how reliable is it? does it consume much battery? any major bugs?

also, if you put it in your pocket with the proximity sensor enabled, does it turn on?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
do you use this auto-screen on app?

how reliable is it? does it consume much battery? any major bugs?

I cant say that i do. I just remember it being an issue when the phone came out. I personally like the power button where it is. I'm sure more people will post with options that have found more solutions that actually put them to use.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I cant say that i do. I just remember it being an issue when the phone came out. I personally like the power button where it is. I'm sure more people will post with options that have found more solutions that actually put them to use.

ok thanks. ill try to do more research.

i am very weary of tweaks that interfere so much with the phone's natural operation... sometimes they tend to break things elsewhere. but it does look convenient if it works as advertised.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
i am very weary of tweaks that interfere so much with the phone's natural operation...

I totally understand. Any time i add an app that i'm not sure about i just add that one app and dont change anything else on my phone. That way if my phone goes nuts on me i know where to start lol

JustABro

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
ffejjj,

Thanks for that app info, it looks awesome and would be the perfect solution if it's not a drain on the battery, I think I might be able to get use to where the home button is, it's just kinda out of the way or just learn to use it with my left hand hahah

JustABro

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Another question can you put a % on the battery life in the notifications? Is this fixed with 4.3? Also can I put my calendar in blink feed?

clemson77on

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Another question can you put a % on the battery life in the notifications? Is this fixed with 4.3? Also can I put my calendar in blink feed?

There's an option for showing % of battery left in the power settings on my Verizon HTC One. Also, my appointments show up in my blinkfeed.

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The Auto Screen on app is fabulous and is not a battery drain. You can choose between the proximity sensor and G sensor, but I have found the G sensor uses more battery. With the proximity sensor, it turns on when you remove it from a case.

Posted via Android Central App

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
K so I was playing around with the HTC One the other day and this phone is almost perfect and was wonder if a few things can be changed on it?

1) with 4.3 set to come out can I change the home button to the htc logo and the menu button to where the home button is now? Not a fan of the home button there, if it was where the back button is it wouldn't be much of an issue since I use it in my right hand.

2) coming from an iphone I'm used to and like having the button to wake the phone right by where you unlock it, with the HTC One you have to hit he power button at the top of the phone(its a big phone!), is there a way around this? Like with LG they have the knock on the screen twice or the Moto X when you pull it out of your pocket it turns on which is really cool, is there anything that can be down about that?

Like ffejjj said already, you can custom kernel this behavior for the HTC logo:
[Sep26] ElementalX |OC|UV|GPU OC|S2W|L2W|DT2W|L2M|THERMAL|BLN - xda-developers

Calendar and Blink feed - maybe this helps?
Blink feed and calendar setting - YouTube

JustABro

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
K a few more things

1) how do I add toggles to the pull down screen? I want to add the sense tv remote and a calculater in there

2) I seen somewhere where I can use a google player on my computer to transfer my iTunes library to googles cloud based music? What do I need to download to my computer? So if I understand it right music I buy from iTunes will update to googles server and music that I buy from google will upload to iCloud?

Hoping to buy this phone today! If not then tomorrow.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
K a few more things

1) how do I add toggles to the pull down screen? I want to add the sense tv remote and a calculater in there

I use power toggles to add quick settings to my notification screen https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.painless.pc&hl=en&token=9aGvcwms
As far as the TV remote it automatically show's up in the notifications soon as you use it and stays there for a set amount of time.

2) I seen somewhere where I can use a google player on my computer to transfer my iTunes library to googles cloud based music? What do I need to download to my computer? So if I understand it right music I buy from iTunes will update to googles server and music that I buy from google will upload to iCloud?

I have never owned an apple device so this part i can't help with but many many folks have and i'm sure you'll get some feedback here

Hoping to buy this phone today! If not then tomorrow.