HTC one loose clicky haptic vibration

eaglespeed

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
So this is my third HTC one, and after around 10days of use I noticed a loose spring sound, kinda clicky on haptic feedback, short vibrates such as dialing, typing and pressing the home bottom.
The thing is that it's only noticeable any a very quite environment, sounder normal usage u could never notice it but only at night when ur using the phone before bed or when u attentionaly put your year close to listen to it.

I have compared to two other HTC ones and they don't have it,
Is this normal, common or should I worry I might have a defective product, everything seems to be perfect with this phone except this little quirk.
I am hesitant to replace it ad I might end up with a worst device with worst issues.

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
My HTC One factory keyboard has a very strong haptic feedback. Too much for my liking. While mine doesn't rattle like anything sounds too loose or broken, it definitely makes a noticeable noise! Too loud for me to feel comfortable texting through meetings lol. Most aftermarket keyboards you download have a setting to adjust the strength of the haptic feedback. You should try one. It fixed it for me.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

eaglespeed

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for for the reply I actually went ahead and did that, I downloaded SwiftKey which seems alot better than the ssense keyboard, it's not like Rattling, it's more like a very tiny high pitch sound that happens when the Vibrator starts, it doesn't happen on long vibrates only 15 to 25ms

eaglespeed

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
So I took the device to HTC service center and they said nothing was wrong with it, since the environment there wasn't very quiet, the guy compared it to another HTC one but couldn't hear any different, he said I can leave the device for a full diagnosis and have more time to reproduce the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa