What To Buy?

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
So I received my $25 Play Store activation code via email yesterday and I have no idea what to spend it on. I hate to use it on media content because when you get sick of it the money seems like it was wasted. I am VERY new to Android and am not familiar with the entire app eco-system (as evidenced by the list of apps I paid for below that I either hate, don't use or uninstalled) so I was wondering if the Android veterans could list some killer paid apps that you absolutely love and think I should give a try. Don't worry I'm not gonna be pissed at recommendations that I don't end up liking because I view this as free money, especially considering I wasn't even eligible for the credit ;)

BTW I already have the paid versions of the following apps:

*Tune-In Radio Pro (At $4.99 it's a little expensive but I would buy it again just for the recording and rewind/replay features.)
*Nova Launcher Prime (Second only to SwiftKey - great app.)
*File Expert HD (Good but not worth $4.99 IMO - Astro File Manager is free and I actually use it more.)
*Sense 5 Clock UCCW (Have to learn UCCW before I can comment.)
*Sense 5 Pro UCCW (Same as above.)
*Beautiful Widgets (I haven't gotten around to learning this app but my initial impression is I won't like it - the styles just aren't me. The 2 apps above might be more me but I have to learn UCCW first.)
*SwiftKey Keyboard (Best app I paid for.)
*Minimalist Text Pro (Would def buy it again.)
*xScope Browser Pro (Uninstalled it - got it when I first had the phone and was thinking there were better browsers than the stock one for flash.)
*GSAM Battery Icon Pack (Uninstalled it - I like the stock and/or other apps battery icons better.)

As you can see from the list above my app-buying skills are not all that great. In my defense some of these were purchased late night/early morning after a few glasses of wine so that explains some of it but not all of it ;) Anyway are there any apps that I haven't purchased yet that some of you would consider must-haves or have I pretty much gotten them all?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'd throw another $10 with it and get a Chromecast :) If you're stuck on apps, I'd probably buy Riptide 2 for a game. And Shazam Encore since I just love that app.

You could probalby also use it for a couple months of Google Music All Access.

Or if you can't decide and it's causing stress and you can't sleep at night....just give it to me.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Just let it sit there. Any purchases you make (as long as they're under your balance) will be deducted from total. I bought books. But not all at once.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
MX Player Pro. I don't see the difference and only upgraded because I hate ads.

HD Widgets Colorform Pack. The best & cheapest purchased.

TuneIn Pro. This was my worst purchase and costly since I don't record any music/podcast. I logged out after this purchase. :(

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I would get ...

Asphalt 8: Airborne ($0.99), a very addictive racing game, I play it everyday, I just love it.

WidgetLocker ($2.99) I also recommend. A great app for customizing your lock screen.

Click UI ($1.49), one of the best icon packs. Over 700 icons and 6 wallpapers included. Simply gorgeous.

Missed It! ($1.57), a simple notification widget that's fully customizable. It's great and I use it all the time.

Paper Camera ($1.99), this I just got yesterday. It's a small photography app that has tons of 'cartoonish' effects. So fun to use :D

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I'd throw another $10 with it and get a Chromecast :) If you're stuck on apps, I'd probably buy Riptide 2 for a game. And Shazam Encore since I just love that app.

You could probalby also use it for a couple months of Google Music All Access.

Or if you can't decide and it's causing stress and you can't sleep at night....just give it to me.

I actually bought a Chromecast from Best Buy when they first came out before they sold out so that's a no go although it would have been the best option but at the time I wasn't even sure if I was going to receive the credit. I'll prolly end up buying a few more apps I'll never use and maybe buy some music or rent a few new release movies. It's really free money so I'm def not stressing over it. I just wanted to know if there were some "must have" paid apps that I didn't know about. I am not a game person either but I got a few ideas for some apps from theses posts. Plus I'll do some of my own research. Thanks for the feedback ;)

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I use ninja sms, Nova Prime, Runtastic Pro, that's about it at the moment. But I've downloaded tons more. Lots of money wasted.

Posted via Android Central App