Phone identity and 4.3 software update?

htconelover136

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so basically I live in New Zealand. Over here, we have three main carriers : Vodafone, telecom and 2 Degrees. 1 1/2 months ago i went to a shop and bought a parallel imported htc one (t-mobile) and it had battery drain issues so it got replaced with another parallel import (htc one at&t). Surprisingly this had a faulty microphone and they gave me a local one (the parallel batches were all faulty). They said it was from telecom NZ (unlocked), but the home page is set as vodafone and there is an app on the app drawer called vodafone. I use a vodafone sim card btw. This phone doesn't have any faults that have lasted longer than a day (I think). I am on software android jellybean 4.2.2, and have heard that the 4.3 update is being released specifically by each carrier. So first, how do i know which carrier unlocked my phone is and when the 4.3 update is coming out for that carrier. By the way, when setting up TV Remote there was no option for New Zealand. Getting a feeling this isn't a NZ phone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
That Vodafone app you see changes with the SIM you are using. If you put another carrier's SIM it will reflect the name of that carrier. I didn't understand what you refer to as having Vodafone set as your home screen. If what you mean is seeing Vodafone on the notification panel bottom side, that too changes with your SIM.

If your phone is truly factory unlocked, you should see the 4.3 OTA soon. I don't know if it's live in New Zealand already.

The TV app don't support many countries. You can set it to United States or other country and use the remote. If you want a remote alternative, Smart IR Remote for Samsung/HTC on the Play Store is a great app and works very well.

htconelover136

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I meant that the stock browsers main homepage is set as Vodafone NZ.
Thanks for the reply :)
Funny because a guy I know has a htc one he bought from a telecom store and he said there should be NZ as an option.
Mine is not from a large retailer.
He told me mine is not from NZ because NZ wasn't given in TV Remote

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy