Activate camera with power button?

konen_knife

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to figure out how this is happening and turn it off. But every once in a while when I press the power button to wake up the phone, it will automatically throw me into the camera app. I know Sense has some type of function where if I lock the phone when the camera is active, the power button will automatically activate the camera again. But in my situation, the camera is NOT active at all or has been opened and running in the background. The phone is sleeping. I hit the power button to unlock, and boom I'm in the camera app. I was thinking it might be some accelerometer type action that is initiating it and that might be the case. But if that's the case, then I'd rather disable this function. Anybody experience this or know how it happens? I have the Verizon One version if that makes a difference.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to figure out how this is happening and turn it off. But every once in a while when I press the power button to wake up the phone, it will automatically throw me into the camera app. I know Sense has some type of function where if I lock the phone when the camera is active, the power button will automatically activate the camera again. But in my situation, the camera is NOT active at all or has been opened and running in the background. The phone is sleeping. I hit the power button to unlock, and boom I'm in the camera app. I was thinking it might be some accelerometer type action that is initiating it and that might be the case. But if that's the case, then I'd rather disable this function. Anybody experience this or know how it happens? I have the Verizon One version if that makes a difference.

Rooted?

I would suggest backing up your device and doing a factory reset, then restore. I've not come across anyone with this problem...until now of course!

konen_knife

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've searched around and can't find anyone else who's reported a similar issue. My phone's not rooted either. The phones only a few weeks old to boot.

Posted via Android Central App