Radio crashing with BT error

stirfry213

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
So I just had a chat with HTC are exoeriencing this exact issue a couple times and their solution of Wiping the phone's cache seems to have resolved it, feel free to reach out to them or read the steps below:

1) You can wipe the cache partition on the phone. This will resolve the error.
2) First, please enter ALL APPS > SETTINGS > POWER
3) Great. Uncheck the options for FASTBOOT if it is active
4) Once FASTBOOT has been disabled, please power off your phone.
5) Kindly press and hold the VOLUME DOWN and briefly press the POWER button while holding the VOLUME DOWN.
6) You should see a special screen with some options.
7) Use the volume keys to highlight Recovery and press Power to select it. The screen will load to an image of a red triangle with an exclamation point.
8) Once you see that screen, Press Volume Up and Power at the same time to show the Recovery Menu.
9) Once you press VOLUME Up and Power to enter the recovery menu, Use volume keys to highlight “wipe cache partition” then press Power to select. This may take approximately 30 seconds depending on the amount of information it has to go through. When done, highlight the option to reboot/restart phone and again press Power to select please.
10) Try the FM Radio app on your phone, this should resolve your issue.

What exactly does this do? Does it clear app data with it?

Sindarin

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I am getting the problem too, went through HTC support and they told me to clear the cache (did not work) along with a multitude of other things.

I think they gave up when they told me "Just keep checking for updates and find another way to listen to music"

LOL

odarellmc

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I am getting the problem too, went through HTC support and they told me to clear the cache (did not work) along with a multitude of other things.

I think they gave up when they told me "Just keep checking for updates and find another way to listen to music"

LOL

Wow..that would have pissed me off so bad they would have got an earful

Posted via Android Central App

mixxer250

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi there! I don't know if this thread is dead or not, but I'm experiencing a similar issue; I'm using my Galaxy S3 with JB 4.3 to listen to the FM Radio with the provided wired headphones, but, sometimes, when I received an email or any other alert (including the GPS directions) the radio stops play and after several minutes it starts by itselfs but at the beginning of the dial frequency (87.5Mhz). This is very annoying because all is happening while I'm riding my motorbike. Does anyone have any clue ? Thanks a lot !

mixxer250

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi there ! I don't know if this thread is dead or not, but I'm experiencing a similar issue; I use my Galaxy S3 with JB 4.3 to listen to the FM Radio (with the provided wired headphones) and sometimes, when it plays any alert (email, calendar, etc) the radio stops playing and crash and after several minutes it rerun by itselfs at the beginning of the dial (87.5 mhz). It's very annoying 'cause everything happens while I'm riding my motorbike and expecting to listen my favourite broadcast program and some GPS directions. Does anyone have a clue ? Thanks a lot !