Radio crashing with BT error

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing a crash of the FM Radio app with a "Bluetooth stopped responding error"?

I'm listening to the radio through the stock earbuds.

Can't close the Radio app. Restart is required. Hmmmm....

Posted via Android Central App

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
It's difficult to say. I've only had the phone for a week and I got the 4.3 update a couple of days ago. I didn't see it happen prior to that although I'd only used the radio once before.

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Same thing is happening to me. When my HTC One was running 4.1, this never happened once. Since the 4.3 update, I get the crash every 15 minutes or so related to a "Bluetooth sync" error of some sorts. The thing is - I don't use bluetooth and don't even have my bluetooth turned on at all.

odarellmc

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised that there aren't most posts..the 4.3 update is the cause..I say keep using the radio so HTC can see the crash reports..

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk now Free

stirfry213

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Same issue. My HTC One just updated to 4.3 over the weekend. Get to work to listen to the FM radio and constantly get "Unfortunately Bluetooth Share has stopped" and then the FM Radio app will no longer work. If I force stop the FM Radio Widget then clear the cache out of the FM Radio app, at least the FM Radio app will close. However, a reboot appears to be necessary to get everything working again.

joederek

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I am also getting it . I recently upgraded to Jellybean 4.3. Hopefully there is a fix for this in the near future!

Posted via Android Central App

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see that I am not the only one with this issue. I have had this issue since the upgrade as well.

I use the All-In-One Toolbox and just go kill all running processes and turn the radio off and on and it starts working again. It isn't a solution but it is quicker than rebooting the phone.

RSeaboyer

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I have this same problem, but found a solution without rebooting.

First, go to Apps in Settings, scroll over to ALL, and then go into FM Radio Service and force-stop it. Then, after that's done, open up the FM Radio widget, press stop, and then press play.

That works for me (TELUS One running on 3.22.661.1), so YMMV.

odarellmc

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

First, go to Apps in Settings, scroll over to ALL, and then go into FM Radio Service and force-stop it. Then, after that's done, open up the FM Radio widget, press stop, and then press play.

I'll check that out if it works cool..I still think that the crash report are important

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

noriyori

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I thought I was going crazy. I'm getting this too. Bluetooth is off and I'm not running any other apps that would activate it.

odarellmc

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

This didn't work for me...

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

ddlts

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
So I just had a chat with HTC are exoeriencing this exact issue a couple times and their solution of Wiping the phone's cache seems to have resolved it, feel free to reach out to them or read the steps below:

1) You can wipe the cache partition on the phone. This will resolve the error.
2) First, please enter ALL APPS > SETTINGS > POWER
3) Great. Uncheck the options for FASTBOOT if it is active
4) Once FASTBOOT has been disabled, please power off your phone.
5) Kindly press and hold the VOLUME DOWN and briefly press the POWER button while holding the VOLUME DOWN.
6) You should see a special screen with some options.
7) Use the volume keys to highlight Recovery and press Power to select it. The screen will load to an image of a red triangle with an exclamation point.
8) Once you see that screen, Press Volume Up and Power at the same time to show the Recovery Menu.
9) Once you press VOLUME Up and Power to enter the recovery menu, Use volume keys to highlight ?wipe cache partition? then press Power to select. This may take approximately 30 seconds depending on the amount of information it has to go through. When done, highlight the option to reboot/restart phone and again press Power to select please.
10) Try the FM Radio app on your phone, this should resolve your issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000