how to answer incoming call while already on phone

tonyjerry

May 26, 2013
Visit site
im coming from iphone and used to seeing the answer call and hang up button or answer call and hold. i dont see anything like that on this phone, seems like it just automatically places original call on hold. any way to automatically disconnect from that call and pick up the new one?

freakshow999

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Might be a bug it should come up with an option menu. I've noticed in 4.2 and up I've had the same issue on this phone but I've only had two calls come in at the same time twice. To be honest I've had more problems with the proximity sensor while in calls and have been dealing with that first. With that problem I've had a hard time just hanging up a call in a timely manner.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't *think* it has that as an option, but I'm sure there are dialer apps in Google Play that give you that option. Just hazarding a guess at that, but there a lot of dialer apps out there, so you might check out some of those if this is an important feature.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
im coming from iphone and used to seeing the answer call and hang up button or answer call and hold. i dont see anything like that on this phone, seems like it just automatically places original call on hold. any way to automatically disconnect from that call and pick up the new one?
If you are talking to someone, and another call comes in, you don't just hang up on the first person, do you? You say to the first person, either, "I have another call, please hold", or "I have another call, let me call you back". When you answer the second call, the first caller is automatically put on hold, but if he/she hangs up, the connection is automatically disconnected. Is it really necessary to have an extra button to manually disconnect the first caller? The instructions for the HTC One aren't clear, but the second option for ending a call is to slide the Notification Panel down and hit the hang up phone icon. This may work to end the first call before answering the second call.

Will Hardy

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
It's quite common for me to be leaving a VM for someone and for them to call me back whilst I'm mid-message. I've given this some testing and it appears you answer the incoming call, then open the 'three dot' menu on the screen and select 'End held call'.

A bit long winded especially as I'm now talking to someone so would prefer to have the phone to my ear. I like how other phones I've had allow you to answer and hang up at the same time.

The obvious answer is to disable incoming calls when on the phone already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol