Sense is fine... I just want a transparent bottom launcher bar

t_p

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Why is this not possible!? I've been looking around and don't want to switch to another launcher app. Sense is great for me except for this one issue.... I just want the bottom launcher bar to be transparent. The third party launchers can do it but then the notification bar becomes non-transparent. I don't want to go rooting my phone just for this one change but is this for sure the only way? Looks like maybe Apex launcher could give me transparent launcher and notification bars if I root. I still like Sense better than Apex though for the simplicity and for other ways I've set things up that works for me... Anyhow.. Somebody please tell me I don't have to root my phone to do this.. :)

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Nova Launcher can do transparent notification bars without root as long as the system supports it. It works on the S4, so you could try it on your One.

Posted via Android Central App

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Nova Launcher can do transparent notification bars without root as long as the system supports it. It works on the S4, so you could try it on your One.

I have Nova Prime and there isn't an option to make the notification bar transparent just the dock.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Ken CleanAir System

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to be able to do this as well, and Sense is clearly capable. The strange thing is, the dock (as well as the notification bar) is transparent on the lock screen, but as soon as the device is unlocked the dock transparency is replaced by a non-transparent texture (though the notification bar remains transparent). So it would seem that the transparent dock texture exists on the device already, but it is only used for the lock screen. With root access, I'd imagine, you should be able to find that transparent dock texture, copy and rename it to replace the dock texture used when the phone is unlocked.

Unfortunately, I am not rooted, and don't plan on rooting until, at least, my AT&T One has updated to 4.3. Perhaps sometime after the update I'll take the leap and root my device to give my theory a try ... until then maybe someone who is already rooted and using Sense as their launcher can investigate?

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have Nova Prime and there isn't an option to make the notification bar transparent just the dock.

On the S4 (unrooted) there is an option in the 'Look and Feel' section of Nova that allows you to get a transparent bar. Its only supported if the ROM has it enabled, so apparently TouchWiz does, but Sense doesn't.

verpeiler

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

You mean the notification bar on top? Where the signal strength and so on are? Because it's IS transparent on my stock ONE with sense.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
You mean the notification bar on top? Where the signal strength and so on are? Because it's IS transparent on my stock ONE with sense.

I meant with Nova, chadthebuilder has stated that he's able to make the notification bar transparent with Nova on the S4, but I have a One and have Nova as my home replacement launcher and there isn't an option to make it transparent, I can only hide it from view.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
On the S4 (unrooted) there is an option in the 'Look and Feel' section of Nova that allows you to get a transparent bar. Its only supported if the ROM has it enabled, so apparently TouchWiz does, but Sense doesn't.

I can only show or hide the notification bar. No option to make it transparent. Yes, I guess Sense doesn't support it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381158563599.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381158563599.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 20

t_p

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Well I am playing with Nova launcher and then I went back and messed with Apex and with both I can hide the notification bar which is better than non-transparent. Too bad the notification bar couldn't be in a auto-hide mode at least but is nice to have the dock transparent as desired.. Oh well seems like what Ken said above might be the best way to tweak for this result but I am not rooting yet either..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol