HTC One Camera

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. Over the weekend i swapped my samsung galaxy s4 for a red International HTC One (I live in the UK). This phone is buttery smooth compared to the lack I experienced on my S4 and seems better in every way, except one. The Camera. Its not that its particularly bad, it just has a alot of noise in shots and pictures in normal light can be poor with it only being 4 megapixel (Even though they are 'Ultrapixels'). I was wondering if anyone can give any tips/apps that will help improve the overall camera experience. Thanks in advance :)

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
The only tip I can give you is to play around with the settings. I shoot on auto most of the time but I also use the Macro mode which is great.
For low light shots, you need a steady hand and patience because sometimes the One will take a little to focus properly.

Also, you can try to enable the Tap to shoot in the camera settings and see if you are more comfortable with it that instead of tapping to focus and then pressing the shutter button.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
im getting frustrated with the purple haze in the pics when i use the camera in low light. Yeah i can change the settings but i have to do it every time just to get a good pic an thats with ISO on 100 which is lame having to resort to that because of the faultiness in the camera. Being that its happening to ALOT of people an 4.3 not correcting the issue im Kind of leaning to returning the One an going back to my 4S. i would do a even swap for another One but theres a big chance ill get the same issue or something completely different. What to do...what to do.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The only tip I can give you is to play around with the settings. I shoot on auto most of the time but I also use the Macro mode which is great.
For low light shots, you need a steady hand and patience because sometimes the One will take a little to focus properly.

Also, you can try to enable the Tap to shoot in the camera settings and see if you are more comfortable with it that instead of tapping to focus and then pressing the shutter button.

zoe is your answer to this :)

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys its nice to see that im not the only person experiencing issues with the one's camera. Being able to take a good photo is a necessity to me in a modern day phone and the camera on the one is becoming a phone ruining experience for me to the point that i might move on to something else even though its a fantastic phone otherwise

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys its nice to see that im not the only person experiencing issues with the one's camera. Being able to take a good photo is a necessity to me in a modern day phone and the camera on the one is becoming a phone ruining experience for me to the point that i might move on to something else even though its a fantastic phone otherwise

At the end of the day, you have to make this decision. The HTC ONE camera is essentially 4 MP. If you aren't taking advantage of ZOEs and low light performance, and need your pictures to look good blown up on a computer monitor etc then it's not for you. For me it's great as I use the ZOEs a lot, and I don't find the quality to be an issue. But I suppose I would use a proper camera on some occasions. In a way the choice is simple: if you need more MP, you need another phone. But have a serious think and do some research. The HTC ONE camera does certain things very well (it's fast, small file size, ZOEs, low light), others not so much (zooming etc). Depends how you use a camera phone and what you expect one to do. Hell, if camera is most important thing look at the NOKIA range. Think the Windows interface has come a long way.

Azim Malik

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!!!..This is Azim from India..I purchased an HTC One from a distributor down here in India, as my dad said that I would be getting it at a lower price than in a mall/electronic store. Well, everything was good the first few weeks.. then came the purple-haze-low-light camera issue..Unfortunately, the phone was not liable for a replacement as I had purchased the phone in the month of August, 2013 and noticed the issue in September..No fault of mine..because the issue was acknowledged by HTC very late..So, they have to give me a replacement..Ok now since HTC says, an OTA update will sort the issue and everything will be fine..as usual..well and good..but I can't trust those words..Very recently, what I noticed is I can hear a kind of sound..say..a.." ttttakkkkkk", when I turn on my camera..It sometimes is loud and you can feel a vibration on your hand..It completely freaked me out...I tried launching the app from the taskbar as well as the menu..but nothing seems to happen..though the camera is working well..spare the purple-haze issue...A phone that's 45k down here in India..has to be worth that price..but it isn't..also..the gaps between the metal and plastic on the top..near the power button....Didn't HTC check for a precision when cutting all these things??...The phone is a gorgeous piece of engineering..but faults like these definitely leave the customers annoying..I wanted to know if anybody out there is facing similar issues like mine..I was advised to take the phone to the nearest service centre for a detailed check-up..but I just can't think of someone ripping my phone apart..specially in a country like India..where there are very few skilled technicians...Thanks for the patience..I m sorry I had to post it in the Google Edition forum,,,I didn't find any forums for the basic model...:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781