Htc One 4.3 software bugs

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Just starting a thread for the 4.3 software bugs on the Htc One. Im reporting a bug that doesnt go away for me at all regardless. Some of the settings i set will switch back on its own an ill also lose the home screen as in it will revert back to blinkfeed being the home screen instead of what i had put it as. I did a restart on the phone an also tried a reset an stil same issue. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to set the ringtone sounds from notification an text sounds? I cant figure out how to set it. I thought it was suppose to be a feature for 4.3? Unless im doing something wrong :confused:

UPDATE:Never mind i found it.

2nd UPDATE:Too bad we can't separate the ringtone levels from the text incoming tone levels.:-\

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to set the ringtone sounds from notification an text sounds? I cant figure out how to set it. I thought it was suppose to be a feature for 4.3? Unless im doing something wrong :confused:

UPDATE:Never mind i found it.

2nd UPDATE:Too bad we can't separate the ringtone levels from the text incoming tone levels.:-\

I think text incoming was notification sounds and afaik you can separate the ringtone and notifications, which your update suggests you found it.

I don't know if this is a big or anything but my blinkfeed is now showing up in my recent apps in 4.3 (when I double tap the home button) and it didn't do that in 4.1.2. I find it very annoying and it is kind of turning me off from using blinkfeed as I like keeping my running apps clean. Is this happening to anyone else?

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I think text incoming was notification sounds and afaik you can separate the ringtone and notifications, which your update suggests you found it.

I don't know if this is a big or anything but my blinkfeed is now showing up in my recent apps in 4.3 (when I double tap the home button) and it didn't do that in 4.1.2. I find it very annoying and it is kind of turning me off from using blinkfeed as I like keeping my running apps clean. Is this happening to anyone else?

Well to separate volume levels i clicked the volume buttons an it shows on the screen the ringer then i clicked the selection next to it an then it gave me ringtone,music an video,alarms an then notifications. If i turn the ringer down using the side buttons, the notifications sound goes down as well only if it i turn the ringer down to silent. But the alarms an music/videos stay at their own sound level. Does that sound right?

As for blink feed i wish i could help. I dont use it so im not too sure. There was someone who posted that it was happening to them too so maybe its a new thing for blink feed to show up in the recent apps (double tap home) area?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
When going from the lock screen to home page, the top notification bar flashes a grey/silver color.

Contact pictures in messaging seem to disappear at random. They come back after exiting the app and re-entering....sometimes. Other times they won't come back till a reboot.

Proximity sensor works great half the time now. The other times when taking it away from your face, it takes a few seconds...and sometimes not a all....for the screen to come on.

All these features worked flawlessly before 4.3 on my ONE. And yes, I have done a factory reset.....twice.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
When going from the lock screen to home page, the top notification bar flashes a grey/silver color.

This also happened before the update. It is not a bug, but rather designed that way. By default, the home screen is supposed to be set to blickfeed, in which the top bar will match the blickfeed theme.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
This also happened before the update. It is not a bug, but rather designed that way. By default, the home screen is supposed to be set to blickfeed, in which the top bar will match the blickfeed theme.

^ yeah even when your on your home screen an tap the home , it'll flash the top bar. No biggie for me though.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Never noticed before but noticed after...weird :)

wixo001

May 12, 2013
Visit site
hmm, no issues with that for me. sure your proximity sensor isn't covered up (the 2 little black dots next to the speaker at the top of the phone)?

I have the poetic case, so nothing blocks the proximity sensor, sometimes when I finish the call I have to wait at least 5 seconds for the screen to lit up and then press the end "button". Everything was fine with 4.2

Is there a way to downgrade to 4.2?

And thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wakeupdecide

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Some things I've noticed with my ATT HTC One 4.3 update. The black bar they talked about removing doesn't seem to be any different. It flashes clear, then black again. Also, the swipe feature while typing into Chrome Browser does not seem to be supported. It works with everything else, even Google Now.

maplesyrup08

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have a bug where some applications have a permanent notification in the notification bar? I've tried to force close them but they keep coming back. I've also restarted my phone multiple times. I don't know if it is because the applications support the new update but I do not think that is the case since they're already updated for the KitKat update.

Rikirm

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I also have the constant notification for some apps. "Apex Launcher is running" is constantly in the notification bar since update to 4.3. I have to go in the app list, set and remove the tag on Show notification and it will disappear, only to come back as soon as i chang some setting in Apex menu. But what's bothering me the most since a couple of days is that the menu button on some Sense app has become unresponsive.
In the gallery app by pressing the three vertical dots (for example to select and delete a video) nothing happens. Even worse, the share icon does not work. I noticed this in the music and mail app too. Has anybody else the same issue?
Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

bljy

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Omg i have this problem too.

I also have the
constant notification for some apps. "Apex Launcher is running" is constantly in the notification bar since update to 4.3. I have to go in the app list, set and remove the tag on Show notification and it will disappear, only to come back as soon as i chang some setting in Apex menu. But what's bothering me the most since a couple of days is that the menu button on some Sense app has become unresponsive.
In the gallery app by pressing the three vertical dots (for example to select and delete a video) nothing happens. Even worse, the share icon does not work. I noticed this in the music and mail app too. Has anybody else the same issue?
Thanks

Posted via Android Central App