Beats audio distorts sound at high volumes?

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody, I just had a quick question for you HTC one owners. When you listen to music using beats audio with the volume really high, do you ever notice that the bass sometimes distorts? This seems to be something that's a common problem, but I wanted to see if any of you are having distortion issues. Is this the case?

Last edited:

freakshow999

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Think of beats as an over exaggerated loudness button... So yes at full volume it will distort some. At full volume you are better off with it off.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

croaker68

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Might be related to the source quality, I can listen to mog downloads (320k) mp3s at full volume with no distortion.

Posted via Android Central App

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Might be related to the source quality, I can listen to mog downloads (320k) mp3s at full volume with no distortion.

Posted via Android Central App

Totally agree with the source material being responsible for most distortion. I copied over all my old ringtones to my ONE from my old phone. One of them was homemade and I had used my GoldWave audio editor on my PC to create it. I maximized the volume output of the ringtone when I created it. On my old TBolt it was loud as heck but not distorted but on the ONE it was overkill and I had to remaster it be be able to use it again. I was literally worried I might blow the speakers.

JustABro

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Their cell phone speakers not home theater speakers, their great speakers for what they are but if your listening at max levels then distortion will happen with any small or even large speakers, distortion happens with $10,000 floor standing speakers when listening at a certain loudness.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for the replies. I haven't found out why this happens (seeing most of you have no issues), but I saw this on a few store units using a variety of earphones (high quality). Maybe it's just the store models?

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Their cell phone speakers not home theater speakers, their great speakers for what they are but if your listening at max levels then distortion will happen with any small or even large speakers, distortion happens with $10,000 floor standing speakers when listening at a certain loudness.

Sorry, but distortion has far more to do with the source file and the amplifier than the speakers. If you drive expensive speakers with a crappy amp, you'll get distortion. If you drive high-quality speakers with a high-quality amp and a good source, you should get little to no distortion up to the point where the amp starts clipping.

JustABro

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but distortion has far more to do with the source file and the amplifier than the speakers. If you drive expensive speakers with a crappy amp, you'll get distortion. If you drive high-quality speakers with a high-quality amp and a good source, you should get little to no distortion up to the point where the amp starts clipping.

these little bass speakers in a cell phone will distort when pushed, there's limitations at play with such small speakers. My point was even expensive audio gear will distort when pushed to there limits, that's why I said at certain loudness as it depends greatly on the system as a whole speakers, amps, source, even room acoustics I know the source and amps play a bigger role but such small speakers have limitations.