4.3 OTA failed

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I just finished downloading the 4.3 update for my att one. When I clicked to install it stated that the phone will be restarted and the update applied. The phone shut off and wouldn't turn back on even worth holding down the power. I plugged the charger in and the phone came back on but nothing was updated.

I can't get the phone to reinstall the update and I can't check for the update because a box keeps popping up saying I can check again in 23 hours and 40 minutes. I've tried clearing Google services but nothing is working can someone please help.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just finished downloading the 4.3 update for my att one. When I clicked to install it stated that the phone will be restarted and the update applied. The phone shut off and wouldn't turn back on even worth holding down the power. I plugged the charger in and the phone came back on but nothing was updated.

I can't get the phone to reinstall the update and I can't check for the update because a box keeps popping up saying I can check again in 23 hours and 40 minutes. I've tried clearing Google services but nothing is working can someone please help.

Go into date and calendar in settings. Move the day 2 days ahead and check again for updates. See what happens..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I tried it again and it worked but its re downloading the whole file again so we'll see if it installs this time. Thanks again for the help.

Edit...Man this is one slow update. It took 3-4 hours the first time and now another 3-4 hours, lol this sucks.

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Well I tried it again and it worked but its re downloading the whole file again so we'll see if it installs this time. Thanks again for the help.

Edit...Man this is one slow update. It took 3-4 hours the first time and now another 3-4 hours, lol this sucks.

And here, I've been sitting believing that AT&T was SO much faster than Sprint.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the AT&T HTC One update is messed up. Many people are having issues with it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
And here, I've been sitting believing that AT&T was SO much faster than Sprint.

I was downloading it on a WiFi connection so I do believe something is wrong with the Att update as someone also mentioned. I got it to install last night by the second try but just the installation took 40 minutes.

I came from sprint and att is much faster. Its faster then Verizon and Tmobile and has better reception in my area then people have with the other companies, I'm definitely happy with the switch.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Anytime. Unfortunately mine hasn't shown the update yet. No matter how many times I have checked.. I'm in central Florida..

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
You can update using your computer at HTC's US website www.htc.com/us Click-Support-HTC One (AT&T) It's under "News & Downloads" You have to install HTC Sync Manager first or update to v2.1.77.0 *Full link-
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d%3D628%26p_name%3Dhtc-one-att&token=9aM9ckgG EDIT: This will erase your phone. Make sure you read the full instructions. NOTE: One other way is to set your phones date ahead by a day or two and then check for updates.

Last edited:

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Been struggling with it myself, haven't been able to get the whole thing to download. I think I'm at the furthest point I've gotten to at about 220mb (39%), so it seems like it's moving along now. It's at least picked up where it left off every other time. It has gotten stuck before for HOURS even though I had service & was connected to WiFi.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Anytime. Unfortunately mine hasn't shown the update yet. No matter how many times I have checked.. I'm in central Florida..

I don't see any big changes, the only thing I did was show the battery percentage in the status bar which I like.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar