MTP Mode

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Updated my One and plugged it in for charge for the first time via USB and computer and I have a new icon that reads "MTP Mode is enabled". Will someone enlighten me on exactly what this is?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
MTP means Media Transfer Protocol. It's the main way that most newer Android phones interface via USB with a computer, allowing your computer to browse certain folders on the phone, and transfer media files like photos, music, and videos.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
And it's why most car stereos won't read the music from Android phones - they're not configured to be MTP-compatible. (Sorry, just thought I'd chime in with that one.)

Cheers!

GiGiHart

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
This just popped up for me today for the first time. I was always able to play music through my car stereo, but now I can't. Is there any way to get rid of this?:(

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
This just popped up for me today for the first time. I was always able to play music through my car stereo, but now I can't. Is there any way to get rid of this?:(

Unfortunately, no. It's part of the design of the latest versions of Android.

smelly1

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

In relation to this thread, I have an HTC One and hate using HTC sync, I used to have the Sensation XL, and when connected to the pc, could simply drag and drop files from one to the other, is there a way to do this for HTC One, as I find HTC Sync very user unfriendly?

Regards

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

In relation to this thread, I have an HTC One and hate using HTC sync, I used to have the Sensation XL, and when connected to the pc, could simply drag and drop files from one to the other, is there a way to do this for HTC One, as I find HTC Sync very user unfriendly?

Regards

what do you mean?.. i simply close the HTC sync window and just go to "my computer" to browse inside the phone.
is there a reason you cannot do that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm