4.3 update causing battery issues

krouri

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Can someone tell me why after updating my device my battery is draining even in SLEEP mode?? Is anyone else having the same issue?

Yes my battery went from 100% to 75% in 42 minutes of standby, save for reading and answering 3 text messages and 1 hangouts message.
Are we the only ones?!

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
After the 4.3 update I have noticed usage changes when viewing battery usage but my battery life has stayed the same or improved.

Sent from my HTC One

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I was having the exact same issue. I reluctantly resorted to wiping my phone and it did resolve the problem. My battery life is back to normal. I read a post from someone else who factory reset their phone and it did not resolve their issue though. But it has seemed to help the majority of people that have posted on the subject.

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I was having the exact same issue. I reluctantly resorted to wiping my phone and it did resolve the problem. My battery life is back to normal. I read a post from someone else who factory reset their phone and it did not resolve their issue though. But it has seemed to help the majority of people that have posted on the subject.

Did you redownload 4.3?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
No factory reset for me and my battery seems to be ok. I will get to test more as the weekend comes into play when it will be used more normally. I will report back my findings!

badams1

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I would be interested to know from you folks that are having battery issues, how many apps you have installed on your phone? I have 40...and I know what each of them are and what they do. You would be suprise how many people will just install, install, install...and then when they have 100-150 apps on their phone and it starts acting funny they wonder why....

Not saying thats the answer in every case....but I think the average person doesn't care and just mucks their phone up with junk to the point there is no way to tell what is causing issues.

Not all apps are created equally....

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I would be interested to know from you folks that are having battery issues, how many apps you have installed on your phone? I have 40...and I know what each of them are and what they do. You would be suprise how many people will just install, install, install...and then when they have 100-150 apps on their phone and it starts acting funny they wonder why....

Not saying thats the answer in every case....but I think the average person doesn't care and just mucks their phone up with junk to the point there is no way to tell what is causing issues.

Not all apps are created equally....

I only have 15 apps and before the update I had less but the update, as you know, came with new apps. Apps aren't my issue. And are you saying you've downloaded 4.3 and aren't having battery issues?

krouri

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I only have 15 apps and before the update I had less but the update, as you know, came with new apps. Apps aren't my issue. And are you saying you've downloaded 4.3 and aren't having battery issues?

I have 11 apps, all the same that i had prior to update. The only thing i downloaded is dashlocker is that a big battery drain.

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I actually have 200+ apps on my AT&T HTC One 64gb. I was getting good battery life before the update and now after 4.3 my battery life is even better! I have been unemployed since January so I'm on my phone more than I ever was while working. Fully charged and left on battery over night I lost 3?/? I have been on my phone for most of the day and right now I'm at 35?/?.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

talkingprintintheD

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
When did the upgrade occur? For the past few days I've only gotten about 2 hours on a 1.5 year old Rezound with standard battery typically charged overnight and previously lasting around 12 hours of mixed use.

badams1

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

That is correct. Right now...my phone has been off the charger for about 4.5 hrs...and has dropped 2% in that time. Granted I've only sent 3-4 txts and checked the weather once in that time...but standby drainage is def not an issue for me.

Normal usage obviously drops it quicker...but never at a rate that made me suspicious of a problem.

I updated to 4.3 OTA within the first 30 mins it was available.

Posted via Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I actually have 200+ apps on my AT&T HTC One 64gb. I was getting good battery life before the update and now after 4.3 my battery life is even better! I have been unemployed since January so I'm on my phone more than I ever was while working. Fully charged and left on battery over night I lost 3?/? I have been on my phone for most of the day and right now I'm at 35?/?.

And your complain is? Losing 3% overnight is great! Been on most of the day and at 35%? Still great. What is your screen on time? 3, 4, 5 hours? If so, I would say it's right on par as to where it should be.

One thing people don't get is that after setup, Google syncs anything and everything under the sun that drains the battery. Go into settings, accounts, and then Google and uncheck ALL that you do not need. The biggest battery drainers are sync to Google Chrome, contacts, and all the play book/movie crap and Gmail. You can always recheck them to sync if you have to then uncheck when not needed. Another killer is G+. I do not care what others say, G+ and photo sync is another battery drainer. Sign out then resign in when needed. All these will HELP in battery life.

I have 4.3 and my battery has been great. I think even better now than before by a little, but I practice what I preach too.

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any complaints my phone is doing just fine. I was just informing that 4.3 hasn't created any battery issues for me. My auto sync and gps are also on.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any complaints my phone is doing just fine. I was just informing that 4.3 hasn't created any battery issues for me. My auto sync and gps are also on.

I'm sorry, I read your statement as it was worse....my bad :)

I also meant to quote AKAshanagans.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund