Problem with Airplane mode icon and Power Saver mode with 4.3

TwoDollarCuts

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Just updated two days ago and my Airplane Mode icon will take me to the settings screen where I have to tap on Airplane Mode again which turns it into a two step process and makes the icon pointless. The other thing is that the screen is not dimming like it did in Power Saver mode. I keep my screen about 1/3 because indoors it's all I need and it would drop it about 10% before I updated to 4.3. Now it keeps it at the 1/3 default no matter what. I can't really say whether it's having a dramatic effect on battery life, but it would be nice to get that extra 5% in times of need.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I really don't use Airplane Mode that much to comment on that. The power saver option coupled with the screen, I've heard some buzz about various settings being over rode by the OS no matter what you select them to be. I'm not sure if its necessarily an Android 4.3 thing or something HTC has done with Sense..

I'm waiting like many others to see if there is eventually some sort of maintenance update once things settle in better and they start analyzing all the feedback from the 4.3 update.