Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Question Flashing CyanogenMod

I have an unlocked HTC One and I want to flash CyanogenMod on it, and I'm not sure which version of CM I should use.

This is the exact phone I have: http://negrielectronics.com/htc-one-...ed-silver.html

Is the one found here the correct version? http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/M7ul_Info

Thanks.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Default Re: Flashing CyanogenMod

I'm not an expert but I believe that is the correct version.

I have to say I have a sprint HTC one and ran cm for a couple weeks and it was a constant pain. The camera app doesn't handle the one's cam well. lots of weird color and photosphere and panoramas don't work well due to the wide angle lens. I could never get gps to work despite trying lots of "fixes" i found online. When coming off airplane mode the phone doesnt turn the radios all back on so I would have to go to network settings and switch network mode (lte -> cdma -> lte in my case) to get signal at all.

It was just very annoying. So far I am much happier with the 4.3 update from htc rooted with a few tweaks.
    Gazella likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    I'm not an expert but I believe that is the correct version.

I have to say I have a sprint HTC one and ran cm for a couple weeks and it was a constant pain. The camera app doesn't handle the one's cam well. lots of weird color and photosphere and panoramas don't work well due to the wide angle lens. I could never get gps to work despite trying lots of "fixes" i found online. When coming off airplane mode the phone doesnt turn the radios all back on so I would have to go to network settings and switch network mode (lte -> cdma -> lte in my case) to get signal at all.

It was just very annoying. So far I am much happier with the 4.3 update from htc rooted with a few tweaks.
    Did you install a nightly or stable build?
    Mr Fix-It

Carrier
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
    I'm on the Google Play Edition ROM from AndroidRevolution. You'll probably like it a lot better if CM10 is having issues on this phone . You get to keep your IR and some of the other "enhancements" but you're generally on AOSP. So it's like AOSP lite.
    Gazella likes this.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

I've had both...the problem with the stable build is that they only have one for 4.2.2 and not 4.3 I had all kinds of issues with group texting in the CM nightlies and some bluetooth connection stuff as well. Just wasn't nearly as stable as the stock 4.3 I got rooted (which I suppose shouldn't be a surprise since it isn't a stable release yet). Best idea is to just try them both and see what you think for yourself. Pros and cons each way I suppose. CM does allow some custom themes which stock doesn't-if that matters to you (that's really the only thing I miss from CM is that you could replace stock icons without adding a launcher).

David
    Gazella likes this.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
    No it was the stable version. 4.2.something. I honestly don't care to edit things all that much so for me stock is fine. I'm rooted to I can use roam control and tether which is all I really care about.