Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default 4.3 Update WARNING........

Hi every one is saying that there 4.3 update is a nightmare list below.......

WiFi issue
    Notification bar
    Beats audio not working
    Calling answer cuts off
    ETC....

SHOULD WE UPDATE BECAUSE I THINK I'M NOT GOING TO UPDATE....

Shoul

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: 4.3 Update WARNING........

I use 4.3 on a custom ROM and don't have any issues with anything that comes to mind.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

4.3 on a stock AT&T handset and I have been quite happy.
    Thanked by 2:

Stock unbranded US HTC One and I've only noticed my WiFi doesn't want to stay connected at home, otherwise everything else is working fantastic.
    .B

Signal bar is jumpy, everything else is fine.

Sent from my M7spr stock with goodies one

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Everything after 4.3 seems good for me. Try and hard reset the phone maybe? Could be a bad flash?

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Running stock, I have very pleased. The only glitch is it telling me every 5 seconds that there are WiFi networks available even though I have the option to notify me about that turned off. But that's a very minor annoyance that I'm sure will be handled in a bugfix update.

With every new phone or update released, there are always people who get glitches. Something doesn't install right or they have an app that is surreptitiously interfering in some way with the update, or any of another hundred problems. I would argue that any new phone or update entails a certain amount of very very small risk. If you are completely risk averse, have your phone running flawlessly and don't want to risk a problem, then avoid the update. But the odds of it causing a problem are actually pretty low.
    Thanked by 2:

Well I've been running 4.3 for a couple of weeks now and I'm starting to wish I didn't update. My battery life is worse, didn't fix the "purple tint" with the camera and overall my phone runs slower! I should have kept 4.1.2

I had concerns but i had no problems after updating. I think it makes a great phone even better. I do understand that we have members who have had issues since updating to 4.3 and i cant figure out why some have had bad experiences since updating and others have no issues.I was advised to shut the power saver before updating but i am not certain that is why i had a smooth transition to 4.3 I am on AT&T.

Stock Sprint.... Only issue I have is the Contact Pics missing sometimes in messaging.... It shows up eventually or double tapping home and clearing it out of recent apps fixes it right away...

Other than that, no issues with the update

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Stock ATT, and no issues so far other than some contact pictures missing.

ROM
    4.1.2 and 4.2 stock

Stock sprint 4.3 no issues here

leez likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zorrowaz View Post
    Hi every one is saying that there 4.3 update is a nightmare list below.......

WiFi issue
    Notification bar
    Beats audio not working
    Calling answer cuts off
    ETC....

SHOULD WE UPDATE BECAUSE I THINK I'M NOT GOING TO UPDATE....

Shoul

Which carrier do you have? It may be your carriers update that has the issues.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

I actually had the WiFi issue. It fixed itself after a lil while but it was annoying for a little.

I'm in the UK on 3 mobile, doesn't look look like we're getting this update yet.

OP Thats a pretty generic statement.
    4.3 can be on GPe units, or carrier branded units.
    Im running the 4.3GPe and im verry happy with it.
    Looking forward to the T-Mo 4.3, if it works well then a week or so after its release i might go to that one since im on TMO..

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Stock sprint on 4.3... Notice WiFi issues because I use the Vonage app quite a bit for phone calls and they drop out over my houses WiFi pretty consistently.

Battery life is considerably worse.

Planning to hard reset my phone when I figure out if there is such a thing as a back up app.

Hoping the reset will fix things.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

same here. have to reboot the phone to be able to connect back to my home network. annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by dotB View Post
    Stock unbranded US HTC One and I've only noticed my WiFi doesn't want to stay connected at home, otherwise everything else is working fantastic.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    Banned

Thanks guys all of you have been excellent help I THINK I will leave it, if it comes on my HTC one I'm on orange and I'm in uk maybe wait till they update the 4.3 or might just get a bite of the kikat if I wait a bit what happened to cream lime pie lolzzz......

I'm running Revolution HD ROM based on 4.3 and have had no issues.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Stock Sprint. The HTC Sync Manager stopped recognizing my phone after the update.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TimmE View Post
    Stock Sprint. The HTC Sync Manager stopped recognizing my phone after the update.

Download the new version from the HTC website.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Stock Sprint, no problems here. I can't tell for the WIFI since I'm only on my phone for 2-10 minute increments. My batter life is out of this world now, I usually am unplugged since 7AM, and by the time I get home I used to be at 30%, now I'm pushing 40 and today 50%. I did do a factory reset, only way to work out the bugs honestly.
    Thanked by:
    IAmSixNine likes this.

Well I still didn't get my update notice, maybe need to wait for few more time.

Here is a response I posted in another thread with similar concerns...

Pretty much all carriers (and OEMs for that matter) will provide OTAs without a required data wipe (a.k.a. factory reset) because it's much easier on the user AND the carrier if they don't have to worry about instructing everyone how to backup their data first. In their mind, from a customer support perspective, it's easier to suggest doing a factory reset after the fact if a user comes to them with post-update issues, than to simply require it across the board and face the wrath of customers who are upset that their data was wiped.

The problem is that, of course, after almost major update to any Android phone, there are a ton of threads posted from users stating that "This update sucks! it ruined my battery life and my phone crashes all the time!!!"...but the reality is that 99 times out of 100, the update itself is fine, it's just that because there wasn't a factory reset done, it was technically installed improperly. Now, many people may install with no factory reset and have no problems at all, but the fact remains that when doing a major update there is a lot of data that gets carried over to the new version, and there are a lot of opportunities for incompatibility or corruption of that data. Without a factory reset, it is simply impossible to determine the cause of any "bugs" that may appear, as they may be tied to either the update itself of the existing data and settings carried over from the previous version. There are times when I think carriers and OEMs should force factory resets when updating the OS, but as I stated above, I understand why they don't.

Having said all of that, I think that we educated users (those of us to take the time to read Android Central and participate in the forums), should be prepared to install an update properly*. A lot of Google's stuff is already backed up to the cloud, and there are quite a few apps out there that can facilitate backing up pretty much everything else, including SMS messages and things like that. If you use a custom launcher, like Nova, it's even quite easy to backup and restore your home screen configuration...though I understand why many prefer to stick with the stock launcher instead. When a new update is available, especially a MAJOR update that involves a new Android version, my recommendation would be to backup everything that you can, install the update, then immediately do a factory reset and run though the setup wizard again and restore data as needed. If you choose not to do that, it's your prerogative, but you should at least understand that before you can complain about any bugs your phone may experience, that a factory reset should be completed first. Just realizing this can take a lot of the worry and frustration out of the updating process, IMO. Just my 2

*I use the term "properly" as a subjective term that reflects my opinion...yours may vary.
    Christop54 likes this.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast