HTC One - Blink feed

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I love BlinkFeed. I would be lost without it! What do you mean by old news? Is it actually the news articles that are old? What about any social apps you have linked, are they old as well?

Posted via Android Central App

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I am noticing the same thing as the OP. Even though I refresh the page the articles stay the same for days. Even when it says updating it stays the same.

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, not to be offensive but longevity with a device doesn't mean people know how to use it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
True. But are you saying that since mine is supposed to be updating and it's not that it is somehow my fault? I don't think so.

Edit: As an example I have mine to show Reuters. My screen will show updating but Blink Feed will not update. If I pull down the screen and manually update it will still not update. If I switch Blink Feed settings to something other than Reuters then switch back to Reuters it will show updated content. How is that user error

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
True. But are you saying that since mine is supposed to be updating and it's not that it is somehow my fault? I don't think so.

Edit: As an example I have mine to show Reuters. My screen will show updating but Blink Feed will not update. If I pull down the screen and manually update it will still not update. If I switch Blink Feed settings to something other than Reuters then switch back to Reuters it will show updated content. How is that user error
This is where the love/hate relationship with me and forums is illustrated. I never stated that it was user error, ok?
People use custom ROMs, people hack the hell out of their devices. Then they find that something might not work. Maybe it's the specific ROM's error (since some break Blinkfeed), maybe it's user error, maybe some of the sources are unavailable, or power/sleep settings/data connection settings/3rd party apps to Greenify apps, etc.. I didn't make any statement aside from longevity with a device has nothing to do with your knowledge of it. Some people want to know as little as possible and only ensure that it works for their specific use, and others want to know every specific detail. And then there are those who fall in between. Take my statement as a simple statement and don't read it as being accusatory ok? There's no need for getting defensive about anything - we're all in here trying to help, usually ;)

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
This is where the love/hate relationship with me and forums is illustrated. I never stated that it was user error, ok?
People use custom ROMs, people hack the hell out of their devices. Then they find that something might not work. Maybe it's the specific ROM's error (since some break Blinkfeed), maybe it's user error, maybe some of the sources are unavailable, or power/sleep settings/data connection settings/3rd party apps to Greenify apps, etc.. I didn't make any statement aside from longevity with a device has nothing to do with your knowledge of it. Some people want to know as little as possible and only ensure that it works for their specific use, and others want to know every specific detail. And then there are those who fall in between. Take my statement as a simple statement and don't read it as being accusatory ok? There's no need for getting defensive about anything - we're all in here trying to help, usually ;)

Sorry. Wasn't trying to be defensive. I was just asking a simple question. My phone is stock Sprint and I've only had it a week. If I'm doing something wrong I just wanted to know what it was. Sounds as if it could be an issue with my phone or with Reuters. But I was just making sure that I wasn't doing something wrong. I have been known to be wrong before. LOL

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Check your settings. There is one that will only allow it to auto refresh on Wi-Fi.

Posted via Android Central App

Schufly

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
The official OTA from at&t does not offer that option. I am running a 5.5 ROM and have Blinkfeed turned off. I'm not a social media user so it's useless to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman