my kid laughed at me and said my phone looked like an iPhone

angieberry10

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
But I kinda deserved it because I've had my One for over two weeks and I haven't customized it at all... So I've been busy looking for widgets and at launchers and such trying to make it mine and different so when she gets home I can wow her :)

Any direction yall would point my newbie (to android) self to would be greatly appreciated. I say newbie because I need it to be easy peasy!

Posted via Android Central App

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the htc one looks like the iphone in anyway. Anyways I use to use nova launcher which was a good stock looking launcher but perfer htc sense. Just be careful with widgets because it could hurt your battery life, I normally stick by stock widgets(htc clock/weather, gmail, calander). I hope this helps.

DraeHD

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
GO Launcher has some interesting theme choices but the launcher itself is cluttered and gross in my opinion. Nova Launcher is what I use myself for a 4.3 look on HTC devices. Been quite a while since I've actually customized my phone lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
GO Launcher has some interesting theme choices but the launcher itself is cluttered and gross in my opinion. Nova Launcher is what I use myself for a 4.3 look on HTC devices. Been quite a while since I've actually customized my phone lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

THIS

angieberry10

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the htc one looks like the iphone in anyway. Anyways I use to use nova launcher which was a good stock looking launcher but perfer htc sense. Just be careful with widgets because it could hurt your battery life, I normally stick by stock widgets(htc clock/weather, gmail, calander). I hope this helps.

I had my apps lined up like on my iPhone, as much as I'd like to say otherwise she had a right to poke fun at me ...I have it very different right now with stock widgets ...

Pat Glennon

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I agree, I really like Nova. And, I get you... I switched from iPhone back in the summer and it wasn't until a few weeks ago I started doing some more interesting things with my One. Widgets and now, lock screen widgets (with Widget Locker - the One's native support for lock screen widgets disappoints). Have fun. And post what you wind up with in the Home Screen thread.

angieberry10

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I agree, I really like Nova. And, I get you... I switched from iPhone back in the summer and it wasn't until a few weeks ago I started doing some more interesting things with my One. Widgets and now, lock screen widgets (with Widget Locker - the One's native support for lock screen widgets disappoints). Have fun. And post what you wind up with in the Home Screen thread.

Nova free or the $4.00 one?...I certainly don't mind paying the dev ... Just wondering what the difference is...

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Nova free or the $4.00 one?...I certainly don't mind paying the dev ... Just wondering what the difference is...

Pretty much that you get more options. I've owned it for a couple years now and before I bought it, there used to be an annoying screen that popped up every now and then asking to purchase it.....but not sure if it still does that....I doubt it.

I would take all your icons for apps and place them in folders. Just drag one to another and it will create a folder for you. Keeps it all nice and tidy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463