Latino American Upgrades...

MoudyFahs

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Heard that the HTC company never update latino america's version. My HTC ONE is still with the 4.1.2 Android version. I'm new to HTC if anyone can help?.

Cid: HTC_322.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is your phone carrier-branded? If it is, HTC is not ENTIRELY to blame. More often than not, the culprits for the lack of updates, especially in this side of the Continent, are the carriers. I've seen Samsung phones get updated on the unlocked versions and the carrier branded ones get left behind.

MoudyFahs

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Is your phone carrier-branded? If it is, HTC is not ENTIRELY to blame. More often than not, the culprits for the lack of updates, especially in this side of the Continent, are the carriers. I've seen Samsung phones get updated on the unlocked versions and the carrier branded ones get left behind.

My phone is unlocked bro, no branded-carrier. But I'm worried 'cuz there is no HTC company in latin america and they don't even care about this consumers...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My phone is unlocked bro, no branded-carrier. But I'm worried 'cuz there is no HTC company in latin america and they don't even care about this consumers...

So you have the unlocked international version? What carrier are you on?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't know where MoudyFahs lives but I live in Mexico and I have an unlocked One from the US and it's been updated to 4.3 already. I flashed the European ROM long ago to get 4.2.2 while HTC released 4.3 so I flashed back to stock when it began rolling out and updated without any problems.

If the OP is truly unlocked/international (not carrier-branded then unlocked by other means) it should have been updated already I guess.

MoudyFahs

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't know where MoudyFahs lives but I live in Mexico and I have an unlocked One from the US and it's been updated to 4.3 already. I flashed the European ROM long ago to get 4.2.2 while HTC released 4.3 so I flashed back to stock when it began rolling out and updated without any problems.

If the OP is truly unlocked/international (not carrier-branded then unlocked by other means) it should have been updated already I guess.

That's why I'm worried of not getting the update. I live in Brazil but I bought the phone from Miami. The languaje in the cellphone box is written in spanish, mexican spanish. The CID of the phone is HTC_332 or 322 I don't remember exactly but they told me that this number is for latin american versions.

When I bought the cellphone, the system came without the Sense TV, then I went to exchange, all the phones that was at the store didn't had the Sense TV. So I thought it was normal for latino americam versions...

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps HTC has yet to release the update to that CID or Latin American regions.

Other than waiting, I can't think of anything else.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
That's why I'm worried of not getting the update. I live in Brazil but I bought the phone from Miami. The languaje in the cellphone box is written in spanish, mexican spanish. The CID of the phone is HTC_332 or 322 I don't remember exactly but they told me that this number is for latin american versions.

When I bought the cellphone, the system came without the Sense TV, then I went to exchange, all the phones that was at the store didn't had the Sense TV. So I thought it was normal for latino americam versions...

you should have gotten your upgrade already.

i have an international htc one bought in the US and i live in argentina. got the 4.3 update as soon as it was released to international unlocked and developer editions.

try rebooting or clearing the cache (that is what some people usually suggest).

EDIT: just checked and the language in my box is in english... as well as the manuals... perhaps you *do* have a different phone after all.

MoudyFahs

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
you should have gotten your upgrade already.

i have an international htc one bought in the US and i live in argentina. got the 4.3 update as soon as it was released to international unlocked and developer editions.

try rebooting or clearing the cache (that is what some people usually suggest).

EDIT: just checked and the language in my box is in english... as well as the manuals... perhaps you *do* have a different phone after all.

Witch app should I clear the chache (just want to try it)...

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Witch app should I clear the chache (just want to try it)...

you can use Clean Master.

make sure you select system cache when running it (its off by default).

EDIT: otherwise i think you can do it manually - go to settings > apps > ALL

find updater ,click on it and press "clear data".

MoudyFahs

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
you can use Clean Master.

make sure you select system cache when running it (its off by default).

EDIT: otherwise i think you can do it manually - go to settings > apps > ALL

find updater ,click on it and press "clear data".

Should I reset the phone after doing this?...

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
if this fails, you can always download 4.3 manually.

i am sure someone here can point you to a link for the htc unlocked international version of the 4.3 update.

it shouldn't be too hard to download and installing it that way.

MoudyFahs

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
if this fails, you can always download 4.3 manually.

i am sure someone here can point you to a link for the htc unlocked international version of the 4.3 update.

it shouldn't be too hard to download and installing it that way.

Someone commented here that there's a file at the HTC website... But I don't want a rebooted phone.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Someone commented here that there's a file at the HTC website... But I don't want a rebooted phone.

what do you mean by rebooted?

its exactly the same software you would be getting OTA. instead, you are downloading and installing it manually from the website.

people who have carrier phones have to wait until the software is released because their update includes not only Sense 5 enhancements and 4.3, but also a lot of crap from the carrier itself.

since your phone is unlocked, you will have no problem installing the raw version of the update now that its available.

MoudyFahs

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
here is the link:

HTCdev - HTC Kernel Source Code and Binaries

you want to download the file that reads: "3.22.1540.1 Developer Edition" for HTC ONE Android 4.3. the carrier is listed as "brightstar US".

its exactly the same update i have on my phone, and i have the international unlocked version:

Ok, lets say that I did that. What about the sense 5.5 when they release it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad