I'm about to brick my phone.

Kea Baibz

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I have an unlock AT&T phone and is using with an international carrier in the Caribbean. I desperately want the 4.3 update but I haven't gotten any notification. I downloaded the att software from HTC last night and about to attempt to up date my phone. How crazy is that?

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how using an update from your carrier will brick your phone... Unlocked just means you can use it on other networks.. Doesn't change the software.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Kea Baibz

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure how using an update from your carrier will brick your phone... Unlocked just means you can use it on other networks.. Doesn't change the software.

AT&T is not my carrier. I just bought the phone and unlocked it. Using it with an international carrier.

Kea Baibz

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

AT&T is not my carrier. I just bought the phone from there and unlocked it. Using it with an international carrier in the Caribbean.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is not my carrier. I just bought the phone and unlocked it. Using it with an international carrier.

But.. It's still an AT&T carrier verison of the phone as you said right? So the updates still could come from them... Unlocking simply does one thing... Allow another SIM other than AT&T work.. That's it.

Kea Baibz

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
But.. It's still an AT&T carrier verison of the phone as you said right? So the updates still could come from them... Unlocking simply does one thing... Allow another SIM other than AT&T work.. That's it.

Ohhh. I get it. Do you recommend I remove the SIM before I do the upload. Or it doesn't matter.