Using volume rocker as shutter in 4.3 and sense 5.0/5.5?

Matt 109

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
So I'm probably going to buy a htc one. My major concern is not using the volume rocker as a shutter for the camera. This matters to me a lot. The main only reason I want to use sense if for blinkfeed. As far as I know I cannot get blinkfeed for another launcher? I know there are some apps that will do this but I am wondering if the new update to 4.3 will allow me to use googles camera app while I am using sense 5.0. Or does sense' camera app replace googles and thus will not be able to unless I get an app from the store? Does anyone know if sense 5.5 allows for the volume rocker to be used as a shutter? My gripe with the camera apps from the store would be: they arnt as full featured as the one or google, they will be put into their own gallery and pictures will not be in one gallery app. Or if there are apps that are better (more features, faster shutter, better filters) then Sense' /googles 4.3 I will happily pay for them if they allow me to use the rocker as a shutter. hopefully this isn't a question that's been answered a dozen times. Since 4.3 is new, the search results I've found are not up to date. Thanks in advance and hope when my contract is up next month I'll have fun with the one!

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd think seriously about your choice of new phone. I love my HTC ONE and Sense but it's not because of Blinkfeed which I don't really use very much at all. If you choose the HTC ONE and focus on Blinkfeed and not it's excellent front facing speakers, ultrapixel camera and ZOES (amongst many other features) you may be disappointed when you get it. Not sure, but I'd imagine if you use another camera app you will lose a lot of the camera functionality unique to this phone. No idea about the volume rocker shutter. May I ask why you need it?

LeFreemason

Oct 18, 2013
plus.google.com
So I'm probably going to buy a htc one. My major concern is not using the volume rocker as a shutter for the camera. This matters to me a lot. The main only reason I want to use sense if for blinkfeed. As far as I know I cannot get blinkfeed for another launcher? I know there are some apps that will do this but I am wondering if the new update to 4.3 will allow me to use googles camera app while I am using sense 5.0. Or does sense' camera app replace googles and thus will not be able to unless I get an app from the store? Does anyone know if sense 5.5 allows for the volume rocker to be used as a shutter? My gripe with the camera apps from the store would be: they arnt as full featured as the one or google, they will be put into their own gallery and pictures will not be in one gallery app. Or if there are apps that are better (more features, faster shutter, better filters) then Sense' /googles 4.3 I will happily pay for them if they allow me to use the rocker as a shutter. hopefully this isn't a question that's been answered a dozen times. Since 4.3 is new, the search results I've found are not up to date. Thanks in advance and hope when my contract is up next month I'll have fun with the one!

No you can't use the volume rocker for shutter without rooting your phone. I have that option but only on a custom ROM. I find the sense camera perfect, and other camera apps on play store are not developed for the special ultrapixel camera of the htc one, thus you'll have lower quality. Also blinkfeed will never be supported with other launchers, I haven't even seen that option on custom roms.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If you are willing to root volume as shutter is not a problem. Additionally you can have both the Sense and Google cameras installed simultaneously. If you don't want to root I don't think you will be able to use the stock cameras with the volume as shutter.

Alternatively the best camera app (IMO) that supports using the volume buttons as shutter is Vignette. That said I rarely use it because I like the Sense camera. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.neilandtheresa.NewVignette

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to root your phone, you can install de Nexus camera app and use the volume rocker as a shutter button. Not to mention photosphere panoramas!

Posted via Android Central App

Matt 109

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. Looking at the App Store there are some really cool looking camera apps but like a poster said it might not work well because of the htc ones camera. If I could have my phone of choice, it would be the new sony experia z1. Playing with that the other day for an hour and it was so good. Camera seemed great, build quality was just as good as the one and iphone 5. Waterproof was a big positive as well. Too bad I have a family plan on sprint and sony doesn't do CDMA. One of the main reasons I want the one is because of the design and build quality. Samsung s4 doesn't do it for me and as far as I know, it doesn't come with the new 800 chipset in the us. If it did come with the 800 I might be more inclined to get it over the htc one even though the s4 is faster then the one as it is. Just not faster to make me chose the s4 over the one.Bestbuy told me samsung is planning in having metal battery covers but the ones I've seen on amazon that are already available cut signal quality to shreds. I do like what I've played with on blinkfeed, not surprised I can't get a blinkfeed app to use on other phones. Never have rooted a phone but willing to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton