Fuzzy picture with Mobile Banking app on HTC One

Dan Harasty

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
My phone: HTC One (M8)

Banking App: Chase
Result: pictures always to fuzzy. it doesn't turn on the flash, it doesn't try to auto focus.

Banking App: Wells Fargo
Result: frustrating, but it works (usually I have to take/retake the check photo about 4 times)

Mike Spence1

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with my HTC One m8 using United Community Bank. I have use an iPhone 4 with the same bank for a year and had no problems taking a picture and submitting checks. My camera works perfectly on my HTC One m8 just does not work with the check cashing app. Has anyone found a solution for using mobile check deposit with the HTC One m8? I'm frustrated because I would like to keep my bank but there are no locations near me and have to use mobile deposit to stay with this bank.

Kristia Hord

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
WOOP WOOP!!!!! SCORE for Scavengergirl!!! I tried everything with my HTC One M8 to take a clear picture. It wasn't until I turned off the lights and literally placed the check underneath my desk (to be in complete darkness) that the FLASH TRIGGERED and the picture came out CRYSTAL CLEAR! Thank you for that suggestion!

Jeni5309

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hooray for scavengergirl! It worked! I've been having the same problem on my HTC one m8 with the chase app and was getting super frustrated, but just got this phone and I'm not about to switch banks. It takes a few tries, but if you take the picture of the check in the darkness it will trigger the flash and focus and the check went through for me. Thank goodness.

solard532

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I've tried the black paper, differnt lighting etc, on my HTC One M8 and still cannot get it to work (Chase bank and Schools First Federal Credit Union). Please keep in mind that before this I've used both Samsung Galaxy and HTC EVO phones that HAVE WORKED with both banks...

so there is definitely some flippin issue with the One M8

mostamasian

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue with my HTC One M8 and PNC Virtual wallet. It's like the app is deliberately trying to take the worst picture possible. It literally gets fuzzier when I take the picture.

Paul Parmele

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I have the HTC One using Regions Bank; at first the camera worked perfectly and clear when making deposits, but now since the kit Kat update my pic takes blurry pics, also it won't either auto focus when making a deposit. It doesn't matter how many times I take a pic or what I do, the pic is blurry preventing me from making a deposit. But camera works Awesomely by itself or with other app's. Go figure, what to do? What to do?

Matthew Warren1

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I've the HTC One M8.

Bank: Suntrust

I've didn't have an issue with their mobile app version before this current major release. But since the new app release all pics were blurry. I'd move it up and down real fast for smaller checks and take a pic and get lucky every 10 tries. Just read an earlier post however and tried the no lights in the room and BOOM!... clear pics!

I couldn't see the check in the screen of the phone but it did trigger the flash when I pressed the camera icon.

rdesai

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Have HTC One (m8). Same Fidelity check deposit issue. Have tried to photography in dark, but no flash! Have tried:

Setting to autosettings/auto flash, autosettings/flash always. What am I doing wrong?

Thx!

rdesai

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Review of posts suggests the lack of flash is inherent in the Fidelity Investment app. Anyone else have no flash with this app?

Hank Hasemeier

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
i have noticed the same thing. i use the golden 1 app, and i was able to take a picture of the front of the check just fine. it would look blurry but i would take the picture and then the camera would focus and get a clear shot of the front, but when i took a picture of the back i would not focus whatsoever!!! it took many many tries just to deposit one check. nothing worked when i tried to consistently get a clear photo until i realized that the camera was just trying to focus on the white space on the back of my check so i tried taking the picture from farther away, but centering the numbers of the check in the middle of the photo so that it would have something to focus on, and it worked just fine.