Is this Launcher worth the price tag?

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I have been looking at Launchers and Nova seems to be coming up as the best free one, however i saw one called TSF Shell, this Launcher has a hefty price tag though, it looks great but is it worth it? do any of you have TSF Shell Launcher and do you think it's worth the money?

Last edited:

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Had issues with Nova Prime. At times there would be like a full 2 sec delay before the home screen and icons would reappear. Currently using Smart Launcher;simple, but cool!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It looks pretty nice, but I've never heard of it. 3D launchers aren't cheap though. I do use Next Launcher and it was expensive too. This one TSF seems to have a lot of the same features as Next. Hopefully, some in the community will have had some experience with it and will respond. Take a look at Next too.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Never heard of it. I use Nova and bought Nova Launcher prime.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
It looks pretty nice, but I've never heard of it. 3D launchers aren't cheap though. I do use Next Launcher and it was expensive too. This one TSF seems to have a lot of the same features as Next. Hopefully, some in the community will have had some experience with it and will respond. Take a look at Next too.
Yes i will check out Next, i don't mind paying if it's good.....just had a look, it looks pretty amazing.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Never heard of it. I use Nova and bought Nova Launcher prime.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
What do you get get from the paid version of Nova as opposed to the free version? I don't mind paying for the paid version, i do like to support the devs.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
What do you get get from the paid version of Nova as opposed to the free version? I don't mind paying for the paid version, i do like to support the devs.

+1 for Nova Prime! Prime gives you the option to hide apps in the app drawer and what not. But like you said it does support the dev and it gets updated a few times a year so they are putting time into it. Great dev team and very good support! Its worth every penny IMO if you use it daily like me. And its good for all of your devices. Not just one. :)

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
+1 for Nova Prime! Prime gives you the option to hide apps in the app drawer and what not. But like you said it does support the dev and it gets updated a few times a year so they are putting time into it. Great dev team and very good support! Its worth every penny IMO if you use it daily like me. And its good for all of your devices. Not just one. :)
Thank you, i might just give that a go....

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The one thing I will admit about Next Launcher is that, while the end result is good and you get all these cool 3D effects, setting it up and customizing it is very different from something like Nova or Apex. It take a little time to get things tweaked as they do things differently. ...but the reward is a launcher with some really cool effects.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
The one thing I will admit about Next Launcher is that, while the end result is good and you get all these cool 3D effects, setting it up and customizing it is very different from something like Nova or Apex. It take a little time to get things tweaked as they do things differently. ...but the reward is a launcher with some really cool effects.
I just watched a Youtube demo on it and....WOW!!! Its amazing.....the good thing is you can have a free trial of 84hrs to see if you like it.

- - - Updated - - -

How good is support for Next launcher if needed?

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
How good is support for Next launcher if needed?

One more thing, I am on version 4.2.2, haven't had the update yet, will this still work fine as regards getting all the features?

Last edited:

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Prime also gives you gestures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

This is for me the biggest difference. Coming from webOS, gestures are very important for me. You can have shortcuts for many things.
I have implemented several of them.
I also have set it to go to Blinkfeed when I press Home and so I can still combine Blinkfeed with Nova.

andriver

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I tried next launcher on an atrix2. It was cool but too resource heavy. Give it a try.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Next Launcher is by the same team that makes Go Launcher and I believe that means support is generally excellent. However, TBH, I've never specifically needed support with either...I'm just going by what I've read.

from a Note 3

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Next isn't worth the price imo. Sure it looks cool, but that gets old quick as it's a major battery hog. Stick with the Pro version of either Apex or Nova.

tap'n

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Next isn't worth the price imo. Sure it looks cool, but that gets old quick as it's a major battery hog. Stick with the Pro version of either Apex or Nova.

tap'n

CR6 has a point. Battery life will be hit with something like that. Something to think about with that heavy of a price tag. (Even if it does run well and gets good support. I love my battery a lot!)

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
All very good points, think i'm going to start off with the free Nova then if i like it i'll upgrade, i'm keeping Next in mind though, thank you for all the pointers :)

dazr87

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Look for Aviate and Action Launcher Pro. They are fairly new launchers, but ive used both quite extensively and i think they're pretty awesome and unique. Aviate is private beta at the minute, but pm me and I can send u an invite code if u like :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX