Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is this Launcher worth the price tag?

I have been looking at Launchers and Nova seems to be coming up as the best free one, however i saw one called TSF Shell, this Launcher has a hefty price tag though, it looks great but is it worth it? do any of you have TSF Shell Launcher and do you think it's worth the money?

Default Re: Is this Launcher worth the price tag?

Had issues with Nova Prime. At times there would be like a full 2 sec delay before the home screen and icons would reappear. Currently using Smart Launcher;simple, but cool!
    poisonivy66 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10.2

It looks pretty nice, but I've never heard of it. 3D launchers aren't cheap though. I do use Next Launcher and it was expensive too. This one TSF seems to have a lot of the same features as Next. Hopefully, some in the community will have had some experience with it and will respond. Take a look at Next too.
    poisonivy66 likes this.

Never heard of it. I use Nova and bought Nova Launcher prime.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    poisonivy66 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    It looks pretty nice, but I've never heard of it. 3D launchers aren't cheap though. I do use Next Launcher and it was expensive too. This one TSF seems to have a lot of the same features as Next. Hopefully, some in the community will have had some experience with it and will respond. Take a look at Next too.
    Yes i will check out Next, i don't mind paying if it's good.....just had a look, it looks pretty amazing.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Never heard of it. I use Nova and bought Nova Launcher prime.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    What do you get get from the paid version of Nova as opposed to the free version? I don't mind paying for the paid version, i do like to support the devs.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I see there's a trial for Next launcher, great way to try before shelling out.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by poisonivy66 View Post
    What do you get get from the paid version of Nova as opposed to the free version? I don't mind paying for the paid version, i do like to support the devs.
    +1 for Nova Prime! Prime gives you the option to hide apps in the app drawer and what not. But like you said it does support the dev and it gets updated a few times a year so they are putting time into it. Great dev team and very good support! Its worth every penny IMO if you use it daily like me. And its good for all of your devices. Not just one.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    +1 for Nova Prime! Prime gives you the option to hide apps in the app drawer and what not. But like you said it does support the dev and it gets updated a few times a year so they are putting time into it. Great dev team and very good support! Its worth every penny IMO if you use it daily like me. And its good for all of your devices. Not just one.
    Thank you, i might just give that a go....

Prime also gives you gestures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    cgardnervt and poisonivy66 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10.2

The one thing I will admit about Next Launcher is that, while the end result is good and you get all these cool 3D effects, setting it up and customizing it is very different from something like Nova or Apex. It take a little time to get things tweaked as they do things differently. ...but the reward is a launcher with some really cool effects.
    poisonivy66 likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    The one thing I will admit about Next Launcher is that, while the end result is good and you get all these cool 3D effects, setting it up and customizing it is very different from something like Nova or Apex. It take a little time to get things tweaked as they do things differently. ...but the reward is a launcher with some really cool effects.
    I just watched a Youtube demo on it and....WOW!!! Its amazing.....the good thing is you can have a free trial of 84hrs to see if you like it.

- - - Updated - - -

How good is support for Next launcher if needed?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

How good is support for Next launcher if needed?

One more thing, I am on version 4.2.2, haven't had the update yet, will this still work fine as regards getting all the features?

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FishenFool View Post
    Prime also gives you gestures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    This is for me the biggest difference. Coming from webOS, gestures are very important for me. You can have shortcuts for many things.
    I have implemented several of them.
    I also have set it to go to Blinkfeed when I press Home and so I can still combine Blinkfeed with Nova.
    poisonivy66 likes this.

I tried next launcher on an atrix2. It was cool but too resource heavy. Give it a try.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10.2

Next Launcher is by the same team that makes Go Launcher and I believe that means support is generally excellent. However, TBH, I've never specifically needed support with either...I'm just going by what I've read.

from a Note 3

Next isn't worth the price imo. Sure it looks cool, but that gets old quick as it's a major battery hog. Stick with the Pro version of either Apex or Nova.

tap'n
    cgardnervt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Next isn't worth the price imo. Sure it looks cool, but that gets old quick as it's a major battery hog. Stick with the Pro version of either Apex or Nova.

tap'n
    CR6 has a point. Battery life will be hit with something like that. Something to think about with that heavy of a price tag. (Even if it does run well and gets good support. I love my battery a lot!)
    CR6 likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

All very good points, think i'm going to start off with the free Nova then if i like it i'll upgrade, i'm keeping Next in mind though, thank you for all the pointers

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Lightbulb Re: Is this Launcher worth the price tag?

Look for Aviate and Action Launcher Pro. They are fairly new launchers, but ive used both quite extensively and i think they're pretty awesome and unique. Aviate is private beta at the minute, but pm me and I can send u an invite code if u like
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by dazr87 View Post
    Look for Aviate and Action Launcher Pro. They are fairly new launchers, but ive used both quite extensively and i think they're pretty awesome and unique. Aviate is private beta at the minute, but pm me and I can send u an invite code if u like
    Thank you, i'll go check out Action launcher for starters.
    dazr87 likes this.

Apex Pro is what I use . I had used the free version religiously over three phones. When I got my One I decided to buy the pro version. The pro version gives a lot of versatility like swipe and hardware button options and you can add the Apex Notifier app for free and you get iPhone like notification icons showing how many unread emails, text, phone calls, and even upcoming calendar events for the day.

It's been around and because of this it's a very stable launcher. It can be themed and skinned like Nova and is cross compatible with many other launcher themes.

3D or animation launchers are really cool, but the kill your battery life.

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by freakshow999 View Post
    Apex Pro is what I use . I had used the free version religiously over three phones. When I got my One I decided to buy the pro version. The pro version gives a lot of versatility like swipe and hardware button options and you can add the Apex Notifier app for free and you get iPhone like notification icons showing how many unread emails, text, phone calls, and even upcoming calendar events for the day.

It's been around and because of this it's a very stable launcher. It can be themed and skinned like Nova and is cross compatible with many other launcher themes.

3D or animation launchers are really cool, but the kill your battery life.

Thanks, I'm trying Apex right now, too early to tell but it seems good, i do like the look of Next launcher and will keep it in mind for the future, I like the sound of the extras that come with Apex Pro so i will probably upgrade to it.

I've used Nova Prime and Next Launcher. Nova is great and so is Next. I have found NO difference in the battery between stock, Nova, or Next Launcher. I am currently using Next Launcher and really like it. Nova is also a great launcher and it's probably easier to set up than Next.
    You cannot go wrong with either one.

EDIT: Nova and Apex are very similar. Nova probably has more users than Apex, and Nova supports "Missed It" to get glabal badge notifications. I am not sure if you can get badge notifications with Apex. Next has their own Noitfication badge app (but it only works on email, text, and phone).
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    I've used Nova Prime and Next Launcher. Nova is great and so is Next. I have found NO difference in the battery between stock, Nova, or Next Launcher. I am currently using Next Launcher and really like it. Nova is also a great launcher and it's probably easier to set up than Next.
    You cannot go wrong with either one.

EDIT: Nova and Apex are very similar. Nova probably has more users than Apex, and Nova supports "Missed It" to get glabal badge notifications. I am not sure if you can get badge notifications with Apex. Next has their own Noitfication badge app (but it only works on email, text, and phone).
    Thanks, i think i will get the trial of Next and give it a fair try, it does look like a lot of fun, I installed Nova too and between Nova and Apex i preferred Apex.
    tsells likes this.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast