Handcent App

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to find a paid version of this app. Does anyone know if there is one because I ads are kinda annoying. Thanks.

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I thought it was 100% free. In any case you may wanna check out Textra! Great app!

Yes, Textra is a great app and I really like the clean simple UI, however there is a specific reason I want Handcent. That being it is the only messaging app that automatically converts SMS messages into MMS messages if the SMS goes over 480 characters and it does this w/o you having to attach any type of pic or media. You might ask me why this matters and the answer is many times SMS texts that exceed 160 characters get split-up on the recipients end and that is not a problem per se, however it is very common for the broken-up messages to get delivered in an untimely manner and out-of-order. When I have sent texts from Handcent that have converted to MMS messages they have all been delivered as one long single message which is preferable if you start to compose a text that ends up being a bit lenghty.

However, I agree Textra is a great app but it just doesn't have the functionality I described above and I am not aware of any other messaging apps that have the SMS-to-MMS option Handcent has. If anyone knows of an app that does and there is a paid version w/o any adds please let me know. Thanks.

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I thought it was 100% free. In any case you may wanna check out Textra! Great app!

Actually I found out there are paid versions of Handcent, however you have to complete the purchase on their website not the Play Store. If you have the Handcent app open log in and then go to the "Handcent Services" page. Scroll down to the bottom where it says "Others" and click "My Services." That will launch your browser and direct you to a Handcent web page. Choose "Buy Service" and that will bring up about 6 different paid options they offer but I believe only 2 are add-free.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Textra is a great app and I really like the clean simple UI, however there is a specific reason I want Handcent. That being it is the only messaging app that automatically converts SMS messages into MMS messages if the SMS goes over 480 characters and it does this w/o you having to attach any type of pic or media. You might ask me why this matters and the answer is many times SMS texts that exceed 160 characters get split-up on the recipients end and that is not a problem per se, however it is very common for the broken-up messages to get delivered in an untimely manner and out-of-order. When I have sent texts from Handcent that have converted to MMS messages they have all been delivered as one long single message which is preferable if you start to compose a text that ends up being a bit lenghty.

However, I agree Textra is a great app but it just doesn't have the functionality I described above and I am not aware of any other messaging apps that have the SMS-to-MMS option Handcent has. If anyone knows of an app that does and there is a paid version w/o any adds please let me know. Thanks.

No need to explain to me! This is whats great about Android! Choices! Glad you got it all worked out.