Htc One speaker issue question

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I recently bought an international HTC one. During notifcation e.g. in viper or whatsapp after i receive a text for example notification would play then for about a second speaker would make a static noise then shut itself as if the speakers were turning off... is that a problem? should i get my device replaced or what?

Thank you!

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to say since not being able to hear it.. See if the beats audio logo comes up during the notification...

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
No the beats logo doesn't come up .. you just feel like a slight engine voice after the notification and it is shutting down its not that major but i was wondering what it is?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
What happens when you listen to music or youtube videos? Try with beats audio on and off..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
When i listen to music and shut off the music it is normal you don't hear anything... but if you put your ears closely it would feel like the speaker was still working producing faint static noise then it would shut off instantly after 1 second for example ... the same thing happens in programs like whatsapp when i get a notification except the after effect of notification is a loud static then it shuts off ... if i put volume to mid level u cant hear the static voice but it is still there ofcourse ? is that a faulty HTC one?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I hate to say this but sounds like hardware failure with the speaker. I know sometimes you'll hear a faint pop when beats audio shuts off the amplifier for the speaker. But no static on mine . I would try a factory or hard reset. But before it's hardware not software it won't make a difference. Sorry!

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
So when you shut off music while playing and you put your ears immediately near the phone, there is no noise at all.. it is completely quiet?

I tried it both ways. Beats on and off using stock music player and Google Play. No noise when shutting off or putting to my ear. Have you tried it with bests on and off like I said? Does it do it both ways?

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have tried it as you said.. when i turn off music ... it definitely doesnt go quiet instantly there is some noise ( as if the amplifier or stereo is delaying shut off ) for about a second or two then it shuts off and goes silent, would u consider me changing my phone??

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have tried it as you said.. when i turn off music ... it definitely doesnt go quiet instantly there is some noise ( as if the amplifier or stereo is delaying shut off ) for about a second or two then it shuts off and goes silent, would u consider me changing my phone??

Well I can say. You mine does not do it at all. So it could very well be a speaker issue. And since only one speaker does it, I would say if you are able to have it replaced than I would. It couldn't hurt. How long have you had the phone? And where are you located? Are you within the return policy? Might still be under warranty depending on location and carrier.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
By the way you have tried all music players and youtube? Of it does it all the time then replace it. With beats off the amplifier is not on. From what I believe. So you shouldn't get any noise or popping.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I live in dublin and i got it less than a week ago from carphonewarehouse and yes i tried with everything, i hope they accept to return it !!!

I would definitely call, be polite and ask for an exchange. Especially only a week. They should accept it. Tell them you have a friend that has the same phone and does not do it. Something must be wrong. Tell them you tried a factory reset also. I'm sure they will ask. Hopefully they have an warranty exchange. Good luck.. Let me know. Sorry yours is doing it.

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I tried to exchange it and they said i should wait for "technical" guys as far as she knows this behavior could be normal and she wouldn't exchange a working phone for another working phone!!

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I tried to exchange it and they said i should wait for "technical" guys as far as she knows this behavior could be normal and she wouldn't exchange a working phone for another working phone!!

Dude that Sucks.. Here in the states if you have any issue especially within your 14 days here for AT&T they will replace it no questions asked. I swapped a phone out 3 times in 14 days all for different issues. They had no problem. They never even looked at the phone Sorry this is happening. Obviously it is not working right. Does both speakers do it? Or just 1? I would call again and get someone else. This could start more problems in the future.. Sorry my friend..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance