HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?

How many of you have a faulty camera?

• Total voters

riche-rich

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes me too, last week had my one for 6months into a 24month contract, dropped it down the toilet no problems up until then ! Bought brand new SIM-free device ,now new device has purple tint ! Ahhh

Posted via Android Central App

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I didn't for about 3-4 months. Now I do. Only visible in very low light conditions, but had no issue with it at all previously.

HunterKen7

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Same. No issues for about 2-3 months. Then I began noticing the red/purple tint. Now my camera is really broken were it can't even focus on one side of the image. I am planning on sending it back for repairs.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have the purple tint till afte rthe 4.3 update on Sprint. 100% stock org.

Paul

So I guess we are on the "Someday they'll fix it with an update" bandwagon... Mine has the tint even on a low ISO setting.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have it in my first phone but the speaker was bad and sprint give me a new phone and this one had the purple tint in low light pictures.

sasha7456

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I sent my phone in for warranty service because of the pink/purple tint back in September here in Toronto, Canada. I sent it to a service repair facility that HTC referred me to called "FutureTel". When they called me back after receiving my phone they said they found "corrosion" inside and is not covered by warranty. They told me it will cost $295+tax to repair. I declined (that's waaay too much), they charged me a 35 dollar service fee and shipped it back to me. Incredibly Frustrating. My phone has never been in contact with water, and I couldn't really argue with them over the phone, and I'm not allowed to visit the repair depot. I loved HTC, and this is definitely the best phone they ever made (in many respects) but this is my last phone with them. :'(

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
No camera issues day to day. low light conditions it can be a bear to focus where I want.

Note: I am an eyeglass wearer and use optical quality glass cleaner cloth

Traldera

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had this but only in the dark, and i mean very dark.

Its not really a tint as a everything is a purple screen.

My main problem is using the camera crashes my background slideshow :(

phillyhtc

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I was told to send my phone in by HTC. Hopefully, I won't be charged an astronomical fee to fix this issue. I just had a kid and I can't really rely on my phone to snap good pics without them looking crazy and funkadelick with all that purple blooming. BTW, I'm stock on 4.3.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
so most people have it????
i must have a clean camera if i buy it :(

There is no way you can say most people have it based off of this thread, people with problems are generally more vocal here. If you're not willing to risk it don't get this phone.

That said I do have purple tint but only in conditions where any other phone would require the flash to be on to take a picture.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
That said I do have purple tint but only in conditions where any other phone would require the flash to be on to take a picture.

hmmm... that's really doesn't sound too good.
i really like taking photos in low light situations that the decent low light abilities of the ONE suppose to provide!

i really hate flash and don't use it at all.

selenitic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
On wife's I noticed the reflection of her case was causing a hue in photos. She switched to a white tpu case and it went away completely. Also tried with my black tpu case and no issue either. Put her old case back on and hue came back.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I just checked and I have it. It looks like a lens artifact to me. I have a purple tint in a wavy pattern. I'll post a few pictures in a couple minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer