My camera is officially broken. What are my next steps?

HunterKen7

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
So, sometime in the past few weeks, my camera broke. It has a hard time focusing and, when it does, it only focuses on half of the image. Here is an example shot I took this morning:

Z8Ace7d.jpg

You can see the entire left area is out of focus. I do also have the "purple/red" problem at night. The camera worked great when I got it back in April!

Anyways, I am wondering what my options are. I'm assuming my next step is to contact HTC for warranty repair? Are they going to give me grief because I am S-OFF, rooted, etc? Should I re-lock, RUU back to stock and all that Jazz?

Thanks ahead of time for your responses.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If you have to bring it back to HTC, then you're probably screwed bro! There's no way to hide the fact that its been tampered with (rooted). If it would be a Carrier Warranty issue, then you'd be ok. Unless someone else here can chime in with other good news for ya, the only other suggestion I would have for you is to goto: Worth Ave Group | The most trusted electronic device insurance provider and create an account, dirt cheap, then wait a week or so and file a claim; they "do not" require your phone to be a new purchase. Go check it out.

Note: I'm in no way affiliated with them, make no money off them....just a very satisfied customer for the past 3 years.

Hope this helps ya!

PS: I'm assuming that you've already done a factory reset?

Peterchen399

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So, sometime in the past few weeks, my camera broke. It has a hard time focusing and, when it does, it only focuses on half of the image. Here is an example shot I took this morning:

View attachment 89434

You can see the entire left area is out of focus. I do also have the "purple/red" problem at night. The camera worked great when I got it back in April!

Anyways, I am wondering what my options are. I'm assuming my next step is to contact HTC for warranty repair? Are they going to give me grief because I am S-OFF, rooted, etc? Should I re-lock, RUU back to stock and all that Jazz?

Thanks ahead of time for your responses.

MAKE SURE that you stay s-off when you lock the bootloader, so you can make it say *LOCKED* in your bootloader, rather than *RELOCKED*. So, look up how to "LOCK" the bootloader, not relock, then s-on, then flash RUU. Don't worry about the *TAMPERED* logo, it'll disappear after you flash the RUU.

I recommend using hasoon2000 's all in one toolkit to lock the bootloader (you have to have root and s-off to lock the bootloader)

Peterchen399

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
MAKE SURE that you stay s-off when you lock the bootloader, so you can make it say *LOCKED* in your bootloader, rather than *RELOCKED*. So, look up how to "LOCK" the bootloader, not relock, then s-on, then flash RUU. Don't worry about the *TAMPERED* logo, it'll disappear after you flash the RUU.

I recommend using hasoon2000 's all in one toolkit to lock the bootloader (you have to have root and s-off to lock the bootloader)

To reflash the RUU, I would recommend staying in fastboot mode from the very beginning, so you don't have to reflash stock rom or firmware

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1