HTC One, embedded video's just not there

jools182

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I can look at youtube videos fine, within the youtube site

However if they are embedded on a forum or another website they just don't show at all, just a blank space, not even a black square

There is also another problem with videos that I can see on certain sites

I have noticed that on some sites, such as jalopnik, the video is there, and plays, but the volume control actually within the video is turned right down, and no matter what I try, I can't slide it up. The volume buttons on the phone do nothing because its the slide control within the video itself that is set at 0

any ideas?

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I can look at youtube videos fine, within the youtube site

However if they are embedded on a forum or another website they just don't show at all, just a blank space, not even a black square

There is also another problem with videos that I can see on certain sites

I have noticed that on some sites, such as jalopnik, the video is there, and plays, but the volume control actually within the video is turned right down, and no matter what I try, I can't slide it up. The volume buttons on the phone do nothing because its the slide control within the video itself that is set at 0

any ideas?

Its because most of them still use flash player you can view youtube because google owns it and they optimised it for mobile

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app