Is anybody else still exceedingly impressed with this phone?

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
It's been what, 7 months now? And I'm still very impressed by this phone. Anybody else with me?

First of all, it compares very favorably with pretty much any new device. The size is great. The phone is slim enough. But it's the build quality, look and feel that just put it above any other Android phone out there, and it's really not close. On the software side, Sense 5 exhibits a sheen and polish that has not been matched. The screen is still amazing. The phone is still fast. And best of all, HTC is on the ball with updates - getting 4.3 fast, and now committing to a speedy 4.4 launch, while Samsung isn't even thinking about it yet. 32 gigs of onboard is great. The speakers rule. Little things, like the wide front facing camera, are very handy.

The downsides are few, but still there. The notification light needs to be more... noticeable. Lack of quick-charge is a sore point. And lastly, the camera. It's lacking, period. Mine has been plagued with the purple tint issue, which pretty much renders it unusable in most conditions. Honestly, HTC should ditch the "ultra-pixel" tech in favor of a more straightforward camera approach. The Zoes and highlights will still carry them to the camera crown.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I still think the one is hands down the best media consumption device on the market. I still enjoy mine all the time. It is s great device with an awesome build quality.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

izzi1024

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
So was I guys. Still love it. But camera blue tint issue won't resolve in low light and 4.3 update has kind of made mine slow. The tint is bothering me else I love the phone. I don't think I've a replacement option

Posted via Android Central App

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree, OP. Still loving this device, and that says a lot for me who likes to change devices frequently.

Paul Bridgeman

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Still loving mine too, it reminds me of my old Windows HTC HD2, two years down the line, and it still seemed good. The build quality was great.
The One will be a phone to remember. Just occasionally these masterpieces come along.
I can forgive the camera problems, the charging whilst using navigation in the car, and a few other things.
A total masterpiece.

mikepas

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I still LOVE this phone! And this is coming from a guy who went through 10 smartphones in a three year period because I kept getting bored with devices. The build quality of the One compared to other phones on the market is simply outstanding and I have become totally spoiled by the front facing stereo speakers. And the nice thing is that HTC is rolling fast with system updates so I don't have "version envy" and thus reduces the urge to upgrade any time soon.

cdknight

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
The phone is exceptional, Sprint service hinders the device, wish I would have switched carriers, the experience would be so much better.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Yep, still the best phone I have ever had, although I disagree with the camera - mine is excellent. Super quick too, which is sooo important. And great low-light. I love my HTC One! Can't wait to get Sense 5.5 and 4.3!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It's good to hear a lot of you guys (and girls) still talking this way about the One. I've been debating on getting one, but every one I see has some defect (screen not flush or gaps by the power button). Does everyone have one or both of these problems or are they fixed now? I'm on Verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

blazer236ix

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is my only issue but I'm a heavy user. Everything else about this phone is great. I wish it got the attention it deserves.

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
First of all, I don't know what I'll do with out the front facing speakers. My wife just got an LG G2, and it wasn't until I played a video on her phone that I was reminded how good the speakers were.
My build quality is flawless, but after I exchanged it for another one after launch day. Never experienced any negative issues on the camera. I feel my battery lasts a long time, though I wish I had my wife's G2 battery life. I also haven't noticed any problems after the 4.3 update. All in all I'm still happy with my One, however I love new phones and am always looking at the latest and greatest.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app