what you missing after 5.5 update?

Simon Divito

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Just updated and gutted they have removed the T9 keyboard, also no extra camera modes as rumoured, ie dual capture and panoramic 360.. on a positive note BlinkFeed off ..

Posted via Android Central App

Ninjatogo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I haven't got the update yet, but the keyboard issue isn't that bad with all the options to choose from on the Play store. The omission of the dual capture and panoramic 360 however, is very strange, there should be no technological issues to leave it out. The HTC One has almost the exact same specs as the One Max (save fingerprint reader of course).

Ninjatogo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Missing having a normal camera in low light. Seems I have that dreaded purple tint since I updated.

The purple tint is actually due to hardware issues on the One. It is related to the temperature of the camera sensor. The warmer your phone is, the worse the purple/red noise. The phone turns the screen brightness to maximum when using the camera, which in turn heats it up even more. HTC should let us control global brightness to fix this.

Ninjatogo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
From my understanding, most models still have this problem. Newer models seem to only have a tad bit more insulation delaying appearance of the heat noise, but it will still be present if your phone gets really warm.

Patrick Williams13

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Since I updated in having problems charging my phone in the htc car cradle. It keeps stopping after I take a phone call and needs a reboot sometimes. Then I get an error saying phone cannot Charge in host mode. Anyone else seeing this? Disappointed.

foyrogers

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
T9 Keyboard for Samsung Note - Bring it back please Samsung!

Really annoyed to have downloaded the new update and loose the T9 keyboard for my Note 2. It was very quick and accurate to type on before and I don't get on with small qwerty characters at all.

Is it possible to get an old copy of the old Samsung keyboard? I'm not really motivated to download other software which may note support the pen etc.. for the note and have lots on blinkering adverts!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2