HTC One - unlocking bootloader

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I want to sell my HTC one that I unlocked the bootloader...my question is If i reset the phone to factory settings (erasing all my info) will it Brick? or will just just reset to factory settings so i can sell it?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It should just reset the device, not causing any issues. However the device will still be shown having an unlocked/tampered boot loader to anyone who checks. My suggestion is either properly lock it back up which would require obtaining S OFF to remove the tampered flag in the bootloader, or clearly specifying that your device has an unlocked bootloader so there is no surprise to the purchasing party.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I want to sell my HTC one that I unlocked the bootloader...my question is If i reset the phone to factory settings (erasing all my info) will it Brick? or will just just reset to factory settings so i can sell it?

You need to make sure you are on the stock ROM & stock recovery. PM me if you need any more help.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You need to make sure you are on the stock ROM & stock recovery. PM me if you need any more help.

Yes I just re read what I responded to... If your on a custom ROM ESPECIALLY, DO NOT USE THE FACTORY RESET FROM WITHIN THE OS/SETTINGS. That will result in trouble.

You would have to do a factory reset from within your custom recovery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol